❀༻ 𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎 ༺❀

Start from the beginning

Everything looked as it had been before they died. The house wasn't ruined. The fence for the sheep was returned to its normal state, only no sheep inside. It was as if nothing had even touched it.

"The Kakuchi said that people had pitched in to fix up the house." You said. "Same as yours and Nezuko's."

Tanjiro moved his left hand to brush up against your own and gently take your hand in his own. He gave you a reassuring squeeze, letting you know he was here right beside you.

You gave him a glance of gratitude and began to make your way up and stop in front of the door. You reached your hand forward and felt your hand shaking.

This is really it... I'm really home...

With one deep breath, you then opened the door slowly and looked inside.

Everything that had been destroyed before and stained with their blood, it was gone. The floors were fixed and replaced with new wood. The living area was fixed with your old cushions and everything was back in its original place, as if nothing ever happened.

Your emotions getting the better of you as you looked around, a lump in your throat as you slowly stepped each time further into the house.

You could almost see Hiroto laying in the floor near the fire playing with his marbles. M/n sitting close by and humming to herself while she played with the sheep's wool to prepare it later to make fabric. F/n poking at the fire to make sure it's keep on burning to warm the house up.

You let out a shaky breath. Yui came up next to you and looked around in wonder.

"It's beautiful, mommy."

You giggled lightly in response to hearing her. The others stepping in and looking around, taking in the place like it was part of a museum. Like a part of history itself well kept and preserved.

"Yes, yes it is."

┌───͙⊱••✩••̩̩͙⊰•───┐

"Mom, dad, Hiroto... I—I'm home now." You spoke while kneeling in front of the three graves lined with loose stones you remember Tanjiro helped you with all the way back then.

"I'd like to apologize... for not being home when I should've been. If I had, maybe you'd be here with me right now, mom you'd be cooking our families favorite udon, dad you'd be keeping the sheep safe, and Hiroto... you'd probably be looking around for your stupid marbles again." You giggled lightly at the end. A test falling down your cheek as you sniffed. You wiped your eyes as Tanjiro came kneeling down right behind you.

You held a pouch in your hand and placed it on the smaller grave covered in delicate wildflowers just like the Kamado family graves.

"I told you I'd bring you back some marbles, Hiroto. And now you can play them with the Kamado siblings in heaven forever." You sniffed again and exhaled shakily. "No matter what happens, I'll protect my family now. I know that is what you'd do for everyone else. I promise I will protect everyone just as you both did in the past. You all can rest peacefully. I love you all so much."

Your little brother wrapped his arms around you from behind. M/n and F/n placed a hand upon each of your shoulders. Smiles etched upon their lovely faces:

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙼𝚢 𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚘𝚖 || 𝚃𝚊𝚗𝚓𝚒𝚛𝚘 𝚡 𝙵𝚎𝚖!𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛 🎉