𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

When Rengoku's attack finally stopped, you, Inosuke, and Tanjiro laid/ sat there with anticipation awaiting to see the debris fly away to reveal what had happened

Heavy pants of the Flame Hashira came from his mouth. You all looked in shock.

Akaza looked at Rengoku as a thick cut along his chest drew and bleed freely down his pale and exposed chest.

"Don't die on me Kyoujurou."

"Hah... hah... hah..." rengoku exhaled. Taking in deep breaths. You looked in shock and worry.

Rengoku-San... I—I can't come in. It's like their from a whole other universe completely. I can't even match up to their level. And I know that if I did jump in, I'd be no match for them. I'd end up getting myself killed.

"This slashes you did with your blade have already healed. And what about you?" He mentioned staring at Rengoku. "Your left eye is smashed, your ribs are broken, and your organs are wounded. You can't recover from this anymore. However, if you were a demon you would be cured in the blink of an eye. If you were a demon it would all be just a scratch."

Rengoku growled under his breath.

"No matter how hard any of you Hashiras or demon slayers try, humans can't beat demons!"

Tanjiro tried to move but a flash of pain kept him from trying anymore. He hissed in agony and gripped onto his abdomen.

Rengoku lifted his sword up and smiled. "I will fulfill my duties! I won't let anybody here die!!"

Akaza widened his eyes. Then his lips curved into a prideful and wide smile.

"Even though you're gravelly injured, you still have to drive and fortitude! Your stance has no openings! Your fighting spirit is astronomical! You really should become a demon Kyoujurou! LET'S CONTINUE TO FIGHT FOR ALL ETERNITY!!"

With that, both figures charged forward. Rengoku leaving a trail of flame and fire. Everything happened so fast. A huge cloud of debris and dirt covered the area. Loud booms echoed throughout the night. Then it all fell silent once again.

Your eyes were wide.

They— they stopped?! I can't see anything because of the dust cloud. Rengoku-San!

The dust then had begun to clear up. As soon as that sight registered into your brain. Your breath hitched in your throat. A loud gasp escaped your lips. Breathing becoming irregular. No.

"YOU'LL DIE...! YOU'LL DIE IF YOU DON'T BECOME A DEMON! TELL ME THAT YOU'LL BE A DEMON!! YOU'RE ON OF THE STRONGEST ONES WHO GOT CHOSEN!!"

"Kyoujurou."

"Yes mother?"

A dark-haired woman dressed in a white and red floral kimono sat upon the engawa at the house. Gentle breeze slips past as well as soft chirps of birds.