"Yeah," Harry said.

"You'll be going to Tonks's parents. Once you're within the boundaries of the protective enchantments we've put on their house you'll be able to use a Portkey to the Burrow. Any questions?" 

Ted and Andromeda look surprised for a moment at the mention of them.

"Er—yes," Harry said. "Maybe they won't know which of the twelve secure houses I'm heading for at first, but won't it be sort of obvious once" he performed a quick headcount "sixteen of us fly off towards Tonks's parents'?" 

"Ah," Moody said. "I forgot to mention the key point. sixteen of us won't be flying to Tonks's parents. There will be eight Harry Potters moving through the skies tonight, each of them with a companion, each pair heading for a different safe house." From inside his cloak Moody now withdrew a flask of what looked like mud. There was no need for him to say another word; Harry understood the rest of the plan immediately. 

"No!" he said loudly, his voice ringing through the kitchen. "No way!" 

"I told them you'd take it like this," Hermione said with a hint of complacency. 

"If you think I'm going to let seven people risk their lives!" 

"because it's the first time for all of us," Ron said. 

"This is different, pretending to be me" 

"Well, none of us really fancy it, Harry," Fred said earnestly. "Imagine if something went wrong and we were stuck as specky, scrawny gits forever."

"Freddie that's my brother don't forget" 

"Sorry Ror"

"Aww she's still being a good big sister" Sirius says leaning across to pinch her cheek.

"I will hurt you" Rory glares at him.

"Prongs your baby just threatened me"

"Good girl" James smirks at Rory.

"You can't do it if I don't cooperate, you need me to give you some hair." 

"Well, that's that plan scuppered," George said. "Obviously there's no chance at all of us getting a bit of your hair unless you cooperate." 

"Yeah, fifteen of us against one bloke who's not allowed to use magic: we've got no chance," Fred said. 

"Funny," Harry said, "really amusing." 

"If it has to come to force, then it will," growled Moody, his magical eye now quivering a little in its socket as he glared at Harry. "Everyone here's overage, Potter, and they're all prepared to take the risk." Mundungus shrugged and grimaced; the magical eye swerved sideways to glare at him out of the side of Moody's head. "Let's have no more arguments. Time's wearing on. I want a few of your hairs, boy, now." 

"But this is mad, there's no need"

"No need!" snarled Moody, "With You-Know-Who out there and half the Ministry on his side? Potter, if we're lucky he'll have swallowed the fake bait and he'll be planning to ambush you on the thirtieth, but he'd be mad not to have a Death Eater or two keeping an eye out, it's what I'd do. They might not be able to get at you or this house while your mother's charm holds, but it's about to break and they know the rough position of the place. Our only chance is to use decoys. Even You-Know-Who can't split himself into Eight. So, Potter some of your hair, if you please." Harry glanced at Ron, who grimaced at him in a just-do-it sort of way. "Now!" barked Moody. With all of their eyes on him, Harry reached up to the top of his head, grabbed a hank of hair, and pulled. "Good," Moody said, limping forward as he pulled the stopper out of the flask of potion. "Straight in here, if you please." Harry dropped the hair into the mud like liquid. The moment it made contact with its surface, the potion began to froth and smoke, then, all at once, it turned a clear, bright gold.