Prologue

SOMEWHERE IN THE MONTH OF OCTOBER 2022

AT UNIQUE SCHOOL

CLASS 8A (GRADE 8 CLASS 1)

JISOO'S POV

Today is the start of the Annual term and Winter is absent. So sad, I have to get bored all the time in the first four classes. 

"So we have come to an end of today's class, you all can go back to your classes and you can later have lunch. Have a nice day", the teacher said.

"Thank you, sir", we all said.

We all returned back to our respective classrooms.

By climbing two floors by the stairs, I finally reached our classroom to find it empty with all the lights switched off. All the students were in the library. 

Since there were just 5 minutes left for lunch, I decided to sit and wait for everyone in the classroom.

Just then, Mrs. Jihyo appeared in the classroom. I approached her to ask a few questions.

"Ma'am, Taehyung has got the first rank in the class, I have got the third rank, I wonder who has got the second rank in our class?", I asked as it was a very awaited answer for many of us.

"Jin has got the second rank in our class", she said surprising me by the answer.

"And ma'am, what is Irene's rank?"

"She is fourth", she replied making me confused.

"But ma'am, Jennie got the fourth rank"

"Oh... Then Irene must be fourth"

*The bell rings for the lunch break*

"Ok, thank you, ma'am" I finally said as I went back to my seat.

By then, all students began to come back to the class.

I noticed that Jin was sitting just behind me, so I asked him, "Congratulations Jin, you got the 2nd rank, right?"

But I received no reply from him like if he was scared of me. He never does that. We were good friends and he always talked to me. He was just looking down. 

What the hell happened to him? Did I do something? Maybe he wanted to come first, that's why? Leave it, who cares.

Then, Jennie came into the classroom. We were best friends, so we went to wash our hands for lunch while talking.

SOMEWHERE IN NOVEMBER 2022

After taking the test, I was getting bored. So I called Yeri to sit beside me.

We began to talk, then she told me that once she was asking Jin of what he thought of Irene and he simply wrote on a paper, "Yes, I like her".