Xandar and Getting Arrested

Saving the Galaxy: Vol 1

Chapter 2

Xandar and Getting Arrested

We dropped off Peter's last night stand and moved through the busy streets of Xandar. A lot of people were moving from place to place. Xandar was a place most aliens came to. I was shocked when I saw the different types of aliens when me and Peter first came here as kids. Sure, it was like that on Yondu's ship, but not like this. Then again, me and Peter are more used to the bars around here and other places. Best place to get information and alcohol. Space alcohol is weird. I pretty sure Earth alcohol don't do the things that it does. Most planets are the same in that regard.

Peter asked as we walked to Broker's place. "Can I have it?"

I limped slightly next to Peter, sending him a look. "The Orb?"

He sent me a hopeful grin. "Yep."

I said in a deadpan voice. "No."

He pouted. "Aw, why not?"

"Because I said so."

"That's not a reason!"

I laughed a little, giving him a reason. "You'll give us the wrong attention, like throwing it up in the air in front of all these people."

"No, I won't!"

I sent him another look. "Really?"

"...No."

I let out another laugh, grinning at him in amusement. I pointed in front of me. "Look, we're already here."

He huffed at me, not sounding bothered. "Fine."

He followed me inside, the door similar to a garage sliding shut behind us. The action darkened the room a little. I could see the Broker behind his desk, fiddling with something.

Me and Peter were still standing side by side. Peter grinned at Broker. Broker was an older guy, Xandarian (which look closest to humans in space), with thin black braids going down his scalp. The strange thing about him was the eyebrows going in two different directions.

Broker looked up and greeted us. "Mr. Quill. Miss Jones."

I nodded at him and Peter did the same, saying. "Broker." Peter turned toward me and not wanting to delay it any further, I took the Orb from my coat and placed it on the table, but keeping it close to my hands just in case. I nodded my head at him again. "The Orb."

Peter smirked. "As commissioned."

Broker gave the too of us strange look. "Where's Yondu?"

I stiffened and withheld a grimace at the blue alien's name, hoping Broker didn't notice. Peter said in a tone that managed to piss off many different aliens in the past. "He wanted to be here. He sends his love. He wants me to tell you that you have the best eyebrows in the business." He laughed, grinning widely.

I stopped my laugh, keeping it in my chest. One of us had to be professional at these things. Broker rolled his eyes. I said before he could say anything. "Yondu ran into something. Had us take care of his business for 'im."

After staring at me for a moment, he nodded. I pushed it over to him. He tapped it and I could see the curious look on his face. Peter asked. "What is it?"

I couldn't help, but feel a little curious myself. Sure, it didn't matter. We stole what we stole, whatever they wanted or what we wanted, but a lot of times, I couldn't help but wonder what we were stealing.

Broker said, more interested in the Orb than us at the moment. "It's my policy never to discuss my client's business or their needs."

Peter pointed at me and him. "Well, me and her almost died getting it for you."