𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕

Start from the beginning

"Bullshit. She spoke when I went round to Maikel's." Josh called me out on my lie.

"Barely."

"Fuck, I'm already getting hard just thinking about all the things I would do." Chuckles blared from around the room at Josh's joke. "She'd probably enjoy it as well, the way I would treat her. Just a fuck buddy, of course, don't want Maquez finding out and going all crazy on me."

I cast him a sarcastic smile, holding myself back from slamming his head into the wall. The only reason why Josh was saying all this shit was because Maikel wasn't here to fuck him up. Sure, Maikel had the personality of a butterfly and is the mental doppelganger of a golden retriever, but those qualities are misleading. He's just as fucking mental as me when need be.

"Drop it. It'll never happen, and that's because she's too focused on her studies than for you." I grumbled, done with this conversation.

His face went red. "Yeah, yeah sure. Just one night with her and she'll come back running for more. I'll treat her like a whore and be rough, but she'll take every second of it, I'm telling 'ya. Maybe...I won't even ask before taking it from her."

Someone coughed from his threat and everyone went silent. People knew Josh was dodgy from day one, but he never admitted to thinking of doing something like that to anybody. My arms flexed and all of a sudden, the silver chain around my neck suffocated me, everything becoming hot.

Stay fucking calm, damn it. If I show him I care, he'll do all of that and more to her. I'll deal with him later.

"Nah man, I'm telling you. She isn't worth it." The words tasted like venom on my tongue, especially considering I know exactly what she's worth. I heard movement coming from outside the room, but dropped it. Probably just some student passing by.

"Really?" Some random idiot instigated further.

I shut my eyes and practically spat the words out. "Yeah, trust me."

"And how would you know?" Josh asked. It was so fucking hard to not bash these dicks' heads together. Fucking thickos.

"Because, I'm her brother's best friend. Of course I would fucking know, Josh." My eyes rolled.

"Shit, I might have to forget about it, then." Josh sighed. "I mean she certainly looks the part, but who 'woulda thought Marquez' little sister, huh?" Snorts and deep chuckles went off from all around the room.

I needed to end this conversation, and now. If I make Carmen seem like every other girl, they'd drop it. "Yeah, trust me. Carmen's nothing but a little prude who wouldn't even know what to do with a dick. The good looks are a front, just leave the nerd and her books to herself. Maybe one day, she'll get a reality check and toughen up." I kept the nonchalant tone strong.

Howls went off and I bit my cheek to stop the vomit from piling up in my throat after the words I had just said. I felt sick. My body and breath shook while people slapped my back.

But it all stopped.

A sob went off outside the room and my interest changed. Who the fuck was crying so loudly? Reynolds went to go check it out, but his face dropped instantly when he saw who it was. But, he began laughing again and pointed at the person. "Shit. Hey, D! Look who just heard the whole thing!"