CHAPTER ONE

Toni had always been a daydreamer and this had started when she was thirteen and had started reading an eighteen plus romance novels because of some issues at home.Her parents were always quarrelling and sometimes leading to malice.Toni hated this and every day she wished for a life like the characters in the novels where everything ended happily.She wished for a life like Cinderella where the ending were always 'happily ever after' and not malice and keeping grudges against one another.She wished for a boy who was handsome and caring.She wished for the life in the books she reads to come to reality in her life.She wished for happiness and a certain kind of way any man who she was going to love should behave.

Toni's mother tapped her ,"Why are you staring at your food,eat fast so you won't be late.You know you have a lot to cover because of your absence from school due to that ---errrh....whatever-----sickness".
Toni uttered a sigh and stared at her food.So suicide was what her mother called sickness?Yes,if she was given that opportunity again,she would definitely commit suicide.The domestic pressure was too much.
She managed to masticate some food then left for school without saying a goodbye to her mother.She was pissed of.Even when her parents caught her trying to commit suicide, at that same spot they argued about who was the cause of the suicide which resulted to insulting each other and her father walking out leaving her mother to take care of her.
She was tired of all these. When she got to school there were gossips.A new senior student had been enrolled and the girls were all over him which were vexing the boys in school.Toni wasn't interested,the boy was a class ahead of her, older than her with two years,he was eighteen and wouldn't be interested in her anyway.The girls who flocked him were girls bigger than her in size and were sexually active.Some of them had even had a night with him with just his two weeks presence.It was crazy,Toni thought.
Class started immediately the end of assembly. Toni was feeling weird.She prayed that what she thought it was , wasn't it at all,if not she would be doomed.She would be the laughing stock of the class,or even the entire school!Toni squirmed.She stood up fiercely knocking down her chair to take permission to use the toilet .As she stood up there were laughter.Her whole skirt was stained with blood.The male teacher 's eyes shone with disgust.Toni shut her eyes ,why didn't this come out before she left for school!!A big disadvantage of having heavy flows and a big embarrassment to her.The teacher sent her to the clinic.
Toni walked disgraceful there .The other students who were not from her class saw her through the window as she was walking to the clinic.They all made jest.
When she got to the clinic, there was a male student there but the nurse was nowhere to be found.Toni held her skirt and bowed her head.The male student turned to her,"Heyyy, you're stained".
Toni looked up and stared at the student. Seeing him close was magnificent.He was extremely handsome.The descriptions of the characters in her novels began play.He was exactly like them.Toni found herself staring .No wonder, girls were all over him. Perching on him like insects.
The boy brought out a packet of pad and gave it to her.Toni was startled.Why was he having pads in his bag!This was weird.
The boy saw her expression and decided to explain.
"A girl left it at my house so I decided to bring it for her at school".He shrugged,"but since you need it instantly you can use it.The nurse will take a while before she returns".
"Ohhh --- okay. Thank you."
"Yeah", he replied and faced his front.
Toni stared at his back .He was so mature.He didn't even laugh when he saw her. This was what she wants.This is her dream. This is her fantasy.
The boy turned and smiled,"I'm Fola. What about you?".
Toni swallowed the lump in her throat.Did he just introduce himself? Today is going to be a long day!!.