Part 2

Lauren's POV

  My alarm goes off for Billie and me to get up and get ready to go meet Maria, I set an alarm because I knew Billie wouldn't. Safe to say I'm the more responsible one out of both of us. I gently shake Billie awake so we can get dressed and ready to go. She is not much of a morning person she doesn't like waking up before noon but today is essential. We both get up and start dressing for the meeting with our soon-to-be daughter. 

  After we get dressed we get in the car and we stop at Starbucks for some breakfast before heading to the orphanage to meet our little girl. It takes us about an hour to get there but we make it on time and we ring the doorbell to get let in. A woman who looks to be in her late 30s opens the door and greets us. "Hello, you must be Billie and Lauren, come right this way she is just coloring with the other girls," the woman says and we walk over to what looks like a play area with toys and books and crayons everywhere. 

  At the table with six other girls, we see what we hope to be our future daughter laughing and coloring. She is adorable and we hope that we can make her the happiest we can with her living with us. "So I am Ms. Margret, Billie you and I spoke on the phone last night about you meeting with Maria and hopefully adopting her," She says and Billie nods not taking her eyes off of Maria for one second. "If you follow me to my office we can start the meeting and we can talk about living conditions and all that jazz," Ms. Margret says and I nod grabbing Billie's hand and following Ms.Margret to her office.

  For an hour we sit in Ms. Margret's office talking about our jobs and living conditions and what the Social Worker said about our house. After that very long and boring meeting, we finally get to meet our little girl. Ms. Margret clears the rest of the kids out of the playroom and lets us in. We walk over to Maria and we sit in front of her not too close so we don't scare her. "Hi Maria it's very nice to meet you my name is Lauren and this is my girlfriend, Billie," I say calmly and she smiles at me shyly she seems like the sweetest little girl I have ever seen. I hope that we can take her home with us today and make her our daughter. 

  We talk with Maria for about an hour before she has to go and help the other kids set up for lunch. I'd say that Maria clicked with both of us and she would make an amazing addition to the family. She is the smartest and friendliest little girl I have ever met and I have met a lot of little girls on tour. I can't wait to take her on tour with me and show her the world that she has never gotten to see before. We go back to the owner's office to tell her that we want to adopt Maria and that we want Maria to be a part of our family permanently. 

    Ms. Margret calls on the loudspeaker for Maria to come to her office and a few minutes later there she is standing in the doorway with an adorable little confused face. "These ladies would love to ask you an important question and you can answer however you want okay?" Ms. Margret asks and Marie nods clasping her hands behind her back. "We wanted to know if you would like us to adopt you," Billie says and Maria looks at us shocked. "We saw you on the website and thought you were cute as a button and we just had to bring you home so will you let us adopt you?" I ask her and I see tears start to well up in her eyes as she nods and both of us hug her.

  We go upstairs with Maria to help her pack her bags I am very happy that we are bringing our little girl home. We go downstairs and all of the girls are crowded around so that they can say goodbye to Maria and we promised that Maria can visit them whenever she wants. We help her get in the car and Billie decides to sit in the back with Maria so that she can hold her on her lap. We didn't have a carseat for her yet so just to be safe we needed someone back there to hold her till we get one. She is a very small girl she is only four so we need to keep her safe.

  We go to the store to get supplies for her room and a carseat for her to ride in in the car. When we finish we go home and we put Maria in our room for a nap since she didn't have a bed yet we should've been more prepared. I put her stuff away in her new room while she sleeps in ours she is such an adorable little bean. When she is finished putting it away we go to the living room and we sit on the couch. Billie puts her head on my shoulder and I smile at her as I put on a movie, today has been a very eventful and wonderful day. We have finally expanded our family and that makes me very happy. Now for the moment, I am most scared about, having to tell our families they get excited and I'm afraid that'll scare the fragile little girl.

  Billie and I have decided we were gonna let the little bean get warmed up here before we tell anyone. I most certainly want to wait cause I don't want to jump into it too soon and frighten her I wanna take it one day at a time. I wanna go at her pace so that she is comfortable living here with us. I am happy to call that beautiful little girl my new daughter and I can't wait to watch her grow up before my eyes.