"Do you like the gift my father sent me?" Malfoy asked, holding up the pin in his hand. It was a silver triangle with a circle and a line through it.

Grey knew it well, the whole wizarding world did.

"You know, Grindelwald is doing the right thing, wiping out all those muggles. I reckon if someone told him about a freak like you, he'd kill you too."

The three boys laughed. Grey held his breath as if holding in the air could restrain him from retaliating. He felt blood drip from his palm into the floor.

A hand encircled his wrist. Macmillan waved the stained hand in front of his friends, smirking.

"Look, she's bleeding, how pathetic."

That did it.

Grey twisted his wrist out of the other ravenclaw's hand and shoved him backward. Blood stained the boy's clean white shirt. Grey took a threatening step forward but stopped hurriedly when he felt the cold tip of a wand press into his neck.

"I wouldn't if I were you, Willow." Malfoy sneered, "I'd hate to get more of your dirty blood on the floor."

"Oh you would, would you?" Grey spat venomously.

Their cruel laughter almost cut deeper than their words.

"You need to know your place freak." The Slytherin hissed.

Grey turned slightly to face him, still cautious of the wand at his throat.

"There's us, then there are halfbloods, then mudbloods. There are toads, there are rats, then there's muggles. Then there are abominations like you."

Grey wished he could knock them out with just a look.

"Got it freak?"

Grey smirked to himself, an idea forming.

"Yeah, I got it."

As the boys grinned at each other, he took his chance. He lunged at Malfoy, grabbing the pin out of his hand, ready to hurl it out the window.

But something happened that froze him mid-throw.

His headache flared violently. Dark spots obscured his vision. Then suddenly, images flashed across his mind.

There is a boy - older than Grey, but not yet a man.

He has long dark hair.

He is crying.

There is a man - Grindelwald - How could he see this?

The dark wizard raises his wand.

The image changes.

A phoenix sawing above a dark tower, a pretty blonde woman watching mournfully out a window...

Pain erupted in Grey's stomach as he came barreling back to reality. Doubling over, he dropped the pin as Malfoy and Rookwood loomed above him.

"Didn't you hear me freak," Malfoy growled, grabbing at the back of Grey's hair and wrenching it back so their eyes met, "I said give it back."

Rookwood's fist connected with his stomach again and he coughed in pain. The boys backed away as Grey slumped into a sitting position, clutching his stomach. His head was still aching from the strange incident. He barely acknowledged Malfoy's parting insults as the trio slunk away.

Grey remained motionless, palms pressed onto the cold floor.

What on earth had just happened? Hallucinations? Some side effects of the migraine?

GREY WINGS || A Hogwarts Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें