Chapter 11: Futures To Look Forward To

Start from the beginning

Yancy's blue eyes widened, as a lightbulb figuratively appeared at the top of her head.

"That's IT!" she exclaimed. "Flo, you're a GENIUS!"

"H-Huh...?"

Yancy covered her mouth in alarm, and she and Flo watched as Blanche's eyelids fluttered open. The petite, bluish-gray-haired Performer sat up on her bed and rubbed her eyes, while Kazalie and Shulin were also stirring in their beds at the opposite side of the hotel suite.

"Y...Yancy...?" Blanche moaned, as soon as she stopped rubbing her eyes. "W-Who are you talking to...?"

"No one!" Yancy replied quickly, while Flo simply remained quiet.

"Oh. O-Okay..." The Performer took a brief moment to yawn. "I thought I heard voices..."

"Oh, don't tell us you're going crazy, Blanche," Shulin replied, her eye glinting slyly. "That'd hurt your chances in the Exhibition Showcase..."

"I'm not going crazy, Shulin!" Blanche squeaked, her eyes shimmering in an adorable expression. "Especially not directly before the Showcase!"

Kazalie and Shulin both merely chuckled at Blanche's reaction. Meanwhile, Yancy sighed with relief, and as quietly as she could. For a moment, she thought that she had been caught in another lie tonight, and that she would have to explain everything to her newfound friends.

And Arceus knew how hard and unbelievable such an explanation was going to be...

Near Kiloude Square

"D-Daddy?"

Ash was flabbergasted beyond belief from what he had just heard coming from Selene's mouth. Knowing Serena was the little girl's mother was one thing but...him, the father? Surely his hearing was deceiving him! But judging by everyone else's reactions of shock, surprise, and disbelief, the Pallet Town native knew he certainly didn't mishear anything. That didn't make the entire revelation all the more comforting...did it...?

As for Serena, her mind was racing at Selene's words, but her heart was fluttering like a Butterfree. It seems that the whole mystery of Selene's father's identity was now finally solved...and it was even better than she had ever hoped it'd be! Ash Ketchum, the kind, courageous, selfless boy she loved for so long, was the father of her future daughter...and therefore her future...future... She was EXTREMELY glad that Miette wasn't around to witness this newest revelation.

And as for everyone else in the group, their jaws might've as well been touching the ground...with the possible exception of Grace, Layla, Moose, and Summer, who had already heard Selene out Ash as her father back at the Blue Suns Deluxe Hotel. But that didn't mean they already accepted this revelation since that time.

"I-I'm sorry, Selene," Clemont piped up; the inventor hastily adjusted his glasses when they threatened to slide off the bridge of his sweaty nose. "Wh-What did you just call Ash?"

Selene shot him an adorable look of innocuous confusion. "Daddy, of course," she replied.

"Oh." The blond inventor blinked twice. "So, Selene...what did you just call Ash?"

Selene giggled. "You're so funny, Uncle Clemont!"

"Selene's telling the truth," Grace said, attracting everyone else's attention. "When she saw Ash fall out of that machine on the TV, she called him 'Daddy'."

"We were there to witness it," added Layla.

"Sooooo..." Bonnie said, her blue eyes narrowed, "does this mean Ash and Serena will be married in the future?"