I can dance and play all day (if you'll let me)

Start from the beginning

Wilbur noticed the soft smile on the strawberry blond's face, and couldn't help but smile too. They'd all be okay, nothing would change that.

● ● ●

"Will you come to the dance party?" Tommy asked, standing in the doorway.

"Dance party?"

"Yeah, we put on a disc in my room, and either dance, or stand in a circle and rap."

"That sounds like a cult."

"What's a cult?"

"You know what drugs are, but you don't know what a cult is." Techno asked incredulously.

"Yep!"

The older took off his reading glasses, and pinched the bridge of his nose. "How are your concepts so screwed up, you know what drugs are, and apparently what war and revolutions and death are. But you don't know what a cult it?"

"Does that matter?" The blond asked.

"Yes!" The former said incredulously.

"Will you come to the dance party though?"

"Sure, I'll join the cult. And tell Phil you need help."

Tommy grinned. "Yes! Also, he already knows that."

Techno sighed. "Of course he does."

He had grown to not fear Phil, he wasn't a very scary man. More likely to laugh at your mistakes than to punish you.

It's been three months since he was adopted, he's come quite a long way, and actually grown into his personality a little bit.

He let Tommy lead him into his room, Phil was sitting on the desk chair, Wilbur was sitting cross-legged on the floor, and Tommy led the two of them to sit on the bed.

"You let him sit on the bed?" Wilbur asked indignantly.

"Yeah, cause he's cool." Tommy said happily.

"I don't think I've ever been referred to as 'cool' in my life." Techno deadpanned.

"Well, you're cool." Tommy said happily.

Wilbur stuck his tongue out at Techno, and like the sensible fourteen year old he was, he stuck his tongue out at Wilbur.

Phil laughed at the two's antics, and Tommy put a disc in. "This is a dancing song."

Wilbur grinned and held a hand out for Techno. He bowed and took the brunette's hand, and they began dancing to the music. It was a very fast paced dance, and the two took turns spinning each other around the room. Phil and Tommy were also dancing, but they did a lot more back and forth dancing.

The strawberry blond's hair swirled around him as he was spun, quickly snapping when he stopped, and spun Wilbur. He loved dancing.

Lesson 9: enjoy they sunny days, they don't last long.

Techno laid in the grass with an older girl. She was also a foster kid, but from somewhere else. She was really nice, and took care of him, the parents were very 'I don't care.' Type people, which left the two of them to fend for themselves.

Neither of them minded, it was summer, and they liked walking to the park, or climbing the trees, or just lying in the grass.

She's the one who taught him to dance. Ball room dance, at least.

Techno stood up and stretched, before bowing and holding out a hand. The older girl smiled, and took his hand, standing up, and spinning the younger one.

They did a simple dance, two steps left, crossingright over left, two steps back, crossing right behind left. Two steps right, left over right, two steps up, crossing left over right.

They added extra things as they continued, like spinning on the corners and leaning, as they went.

A month later, the parents returned Techno. He doesn't know what happened to the girl.

He taught the dance to a little two year old, one faithful sunny day, so he would always remember dancing in the sun, with grass tickling his legs as he went.

_____________________________

In two days I'll be going camping, so if I don't publish anything within 7 days od the day after tomorrow, it's most likely because I don't have service. :)

Love you all

Have a great day/night my friends!💙💜🤍💜💙