~21~ Auror Training

Start from the beginning

I smiled at her. "Nice to meet you Tonks."

"Oh this is going to be great!" she said, linking her arm through mine as she led me through the Ministry. "Every other Auror is so old, It's so hard to connect with them. But now I have you!"

I smiled and opened my mouth to speak, but Tonks was one hell of a talker. 

"Oh you're going to love Mad-Eye. He can be a bit scary at times, but he's a great Auror and  great mentor! You'll learn loads from him. I'm in my last year of training right now, if I pass this year, I'll become a full fledged Auror!"

"That's great."

Soon, we arrived at the Auror training hall. Standing in the middle, was a man with a crazy eye rolling around in it's socket, his face heavily scarred, and he was missing a leg, and a chunk of his ear was cut off. He was holding a large staff.

"Sara Finnigan is it?" he growled.

"Yes sir." I mumbled. 

"Speak up girl!"

"Yes sir." I said, more clearly. 

I tried to get my hand to stop shaking. Tonks noticed. "She's a bit nervous for her first day Mad-Eye. Give her a bit of a break."

His fake eye whirled around crazily. "I'm not going to be training for long this year. Dumbledore called me to go teach at Hogwarts. In reality, today's the only day I'm seeing you. Kingsley will be taking over for me, along with Tonks."

A tall black man with an earring in his ear stepped forward, and smiled warmly at me. I already liked him.

"Now, why don't I let Kingsley tell you more.' he said, hobbling off to the side of the room.

"The Auror Program is going to be three grueling years of hard work and hard training. At the end of each year, you have a series of tests to pass on to the next year. The training will not be easy, hence why Tonks will be the first official Auror recruited in five years...... if she makes it through this year."

Tonks grinned at me.

Kingsley continued. "The training will include quick thinking, meaning which spells to use when, and tactics to be able to trick your opponents, especially when you're trying to arrest someone. That will be in the Battle Instinct and Best-Laid Plans portion. You will need to be stealthy, and be able to hide and use certain magic probably to keep yourself hidden. You will also need to take courses in Dueling in the Dark, Field Training, History of the Dark Arts, Method in the Mad-Eye, Resilience Training, and The Auror Advantage. You understand all of that?"

I nodded. "Yes sir."

"STUPEFY!" Mad-Eye suddenly yelled.

"Expelliramus!" I cried, Mad-Eye's wand flying out and into my hand. 

Mad-Eye looked impressed. "Quick thinking. Good job."

Tonks looked pleased while Kingsley smiled. "I think you'll fit just fine here."

The next eight hours were the hardest height hours of my life. By the end of the day, Mad-Eye wished me luck on my studied, and Kingsley told me he'll see me the next day. I was hot, sweaty, my hair was all over the place and my eyes were blotchy from crying. Tonks put her arm around me as we walked back through the Ministry.

"Don't worry, it's tough the first few weeks, but you'll get used to it." she said kindly.

"Sara!"

I turned around to see Percy, speed-walking towards me, with Mr. Weasley behind him.