"Don't stop everyone from having it just because you find it ungood for them. They are grown men, don't act like you're the most mature one of them." Rafe's expression doesn't change, but he looks at me with interest. I roll my eyes, he's unbelievable. He hums then smirks, that devilish grin of his plays with my nerves." Do you think your boss would appreciate your behavior in such an important job?" I take a deep breath to control my frustration. "I don't think an act of kindness would jeopardize my job." His grin gets wider, knowing he's getting under my skin. He shrugs and walks away, but makes sure to let me know his thoughts as he says "I'll check that for you and see his reaction."

He leaves for his friends, a smile playing on his lips. I groan inwardly as I feel my blood pressure rising. Such a pain in the ass, I thought to myself as I leave to go look for my team. I meet Jackson halfway, a smile on his face as he hands me a cup of coffee.

"You're okay?" he asks then tastes his coffee, closing his eyes in pleasure. I take a grateful sip of mine before responding, "Yeah, just had a little run-in with Rafe." He raises his eyebrows in surprise, "You two are on the outs already?" I sigh and shake my head, "He just finds his way under my skin."

"Well, he found himself under you just by a simple accident," Jackson jokes, making me annoyed, "Do you want me to shower you with this coffee?" I narrow my eyes and he fakes a poster of fear, stepping back and raising his hands in surrender. I couldn't help but laugh at his antics, him joining me.

"By the way, Mr. Lincoln called; he said he wanted to talk to you." The mood shifts as soon as he mentions my boss. I feel a wave of anxiety wash over me as my mind races to think of any other reason why he would like to talk to me other than my previous problems with Rafe. "Did he say why?" I ask, trying to calm my nerves. Jackson shakes his head, making me even more worried. "Oh crap, this is my end." I hide my face in my palms.

I'm so done right now. The boys should be thankful for having a last-day meal before we never see each other again, unless I spend all my money on paddock passes to see them, which I might not be able to afford if I lose my job

Jackson cups my shoulders and gives me a reassuring squeeze, "Don't worry, if it is what we think it is about, which is for sure true, then you'll just have to explain the situation and see what comes out of it." I sight grateful for his little support. "So what's the program for today? I try to distract myself. If I'm getting fired later today, I might as well enjoy my last moments in my lovely job.

We go throw the schedule together, discussing the tasks at hand for the day. I glance at my watch, realizing we should start if we want to enjoy our lunch break later. I receive my walkie-talkie from Jackson and thank him for his help. Flipping the microphone in my hand, I address the crowd of drivers, "Okay guys, give me some good interviews and let's make this day count!" They cheer in response and the sound pumps me up.

Let's hope everything goes well

_________________________

Everything went as planned; the meetings were good, full of jokes and playful moments. They almost made me forget my issue.

My issue ... I'm fired.

It was 3 p.m., and I had just arrived at this fast restaurant in the middle of the region. They say they make the best sandwiches and burgers, so it's worth trying it. Well, it's worth being my last meal before I lose my job at the end of the day. God, I should find another thing to think about or I'll die from the idea of losing my dream job.

"Hi, can I have..," I look through the menu, trying to choose, "the El Paso sandwich with a Coke, please?" I ask gently the little cashier lady. "Which coke?" She asks, and I note her pretty smile. "A Pepsi," I respond with the same smile as hers, feeling a little bit at ease. "This will be 10 €, please." I nod, going through my bag for my wallet.