😵Muddled Head👄

Start from the beginning

'I..... I....I... Am married! How.... Oh!...' I couldn't say anything else.

'New.... Listen to me... You didn't do anything wrong. Do you hear me?' Tay's tone was serious.

'What! I just.... Ki...kissed you!' I looked at him with shock.

'No. It's me who kissed you.' He replied.

What kind of twisted logic is that!

Yes, in the beginning I fairly struggled but after that I submitted, maybe even actively participated!

I shook my head helplessly.

'Don't think too much. We'll talk about it later. Right now you won't understand anything.' He looked at me fervently.

'There's nothing to talk about.' I avoided his eyes.

He became silent. I contemplated for sometime and made up my mind.

'It was a mistake.'

'Huh?' Tay looked at me in disbelief.

'It was just a drunken mistake that's all. Don't ever mention it again.' I answered with compose.

Again the phone rang.

Without a word he handed me the phone.

I didn't answer.

'Go on. Take it. Don't make any more mistakes tonight.' His eyes were shooting knives.

'No.'

'No?'

'I want to go h....'

I wanted to say "home" but then remember the conversation.

'Hm?' Tay was still holding that glass of water.

'I should leave now.' I took the glass and drank it. Water will clear my head I suppose.

'Fine. I'll take you there myself.' He took the glass back angrily.

'No. I'll go myself.' I am not even sure I want to go back but Troy is waiting.

'You're drunk. A bit earlier you couldn't even stand properly!' He narrowed his eyes.

'I'll manage.' I stood up and walked towards the door.

'Are you afraid that Earth will mind that I was with you this evening? Weren't you two go on a lunch date? Is he that clingy?' He asked mockingly.

'I didn't go on a lunch date. He thinks I am with you and Off busy in a meeting this whole evening.' I slowly uncovered the truth.

'Huh!' His mocking smile got frozen in his face.

'I am going then. Good night.' I quickly headed for the door but in a lightning speed Tay blocked my way.

'What is the meaning of all this huh? You clearly went to meet him back then. Now you're saying this. Your assistant called Off in the afternoon and said you didn't go back to the office to sign some documents. When I called, you were so drunk that it scared me to death. I don't know if I could I manage without the help of that waiter.' He ran his fingers through his hair with frustration.

Really! You were so worried about me? But why? You have known me only for mere couple of days! My own husband whom I love for seven years had given up on me once. He thought I was not going to wake up ever. Maybe he was just being logical but it breaks my heart.

I suddenly remembered all those words dr. Chen had spoken. And without any warning tears started to fall down from my eyes.

'New!' Tay's anger was gone. He quickly came closer and hold my arms.

'Why are you crying?' He forcefully pulled my chin up.

'Don't cry.. Don't cry... Oh god!' He took me in his arm and hugged tightly.

The warmth made me more distressed. I started to sob.

'Shhh....shhhh..... It's ok.... Everything is fine..... I am here with you.' He started rubbing my head slowly.

'I don't want to go home.' I uttered with difficulty. I am feeling all fuzzy.

'Ok... Ok.... Don't stress. You don't have to go back. Stop crying. You'll make yourself sick.' He tried to calm me down.

'It hurts so much!' I became more and more disoriented.

'Where New? Where does it hurt? Tell me. Should I call a doctor?' He worriedly asked.

'Here! It hurts here! So damn much!' I rubbed my right chest.

'New?' Tay stopped my hand which was clutching that place.

I was sobbing loudly.

'Did something happen? Tell me! Why were you drinking alone there? Is it Earth?' Tay's voice hardened.

I couldn't say anything. My mind was becoming more and more muddled.

'Tay...' I called him softly.

'Yes?' He worriedly answered.

'Don't ask me anything.' I shook my head feeling utterly sad.