010 | ᴅᴀᴛᴇ

•---✵---꧁꧂---✵---•

"And you are sure the glass bottle left a mark on his head?" An officer with a weird mustache asked for like the fifth time. After the doctors made sure I was alright, they immediately took me to the police station.

The wound wasn't that fetal, luckily the blanket I put on helped a lot. The doctor told me they weren't sure if they could have ever saved me without the sheet. I was still dizzy and tired but at least I was safe.

And now I was in a small, smelly room while two police officers asked me the same questions the whole time. "Yes." I nodded my head. "I already told you that four times." I was fed up with their bullshit by now. My body needed sleep and rest. "Are you really sur-"

"Yes. Yes, I am." I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Okay, Brandon. Let the girl get some sleep, alright?" The other officer stood up and patted the, obviously younger officer, on his shoulder before leaving the room.

"Fine." He sighed and stood up. "Come on, your friend is waiting for you." He opened the door for me and led me to a waiting area with a few seats. Ethan was sitting on a small couch, eyes tired and fumbling with his fingers.

At the sound of the door opening his head shot up and he sat up straight. His eyes met mine and he scooted a little on the small couch to make some space for me. "I'm going to sent a doctor in so he can check up on your wound." The officer closed the door  and I mumbled a small thank you.

"You okay?" Ethan asked the moment I sat down next to him. "Just tired." I crossed my arms and leaned into the couch. "Sam and the rest are on their way, by the way." His eyes were following my every move. "Okay."

I didn't look at him and tried to make as little conversation as possible. "Does your side still hurt?" I just shook my head. "Pain medications." He hummed with his eyes still on the side of my head.

"You know, if I was there, I could have kicked his ass."

"Oh really?" I chuckled. "Yeah, of course." He smiled and our eyes met. I furrowed my eyebrows before speaking.

"How did you even know I was being attacked?" The question was burning in my skull for a while now. "Oh, I got your message."

"I thought I send that to Lane?" He just shook his head and his hand pulled out his phone. His screen showed our chats and it was indeed true that he got my message instead of Lane. I just nodded to tired to do make any noise.

My eyelids felt heavy and the left over makeup was smudged all over my face. I closed my eyes for a moment, letting them rest. I felt a hand on the back of my head slowly pulling me towards it. My head came in contact with a shoulder and Ethan's warm hand rested on top of the back of my neck.

His scent was welcoming and the warmth radiating off of his body made me forget everything that had happened in the past 24 hours. "Thank you." I whispered, my words slightly muffled by his sweatshirt.

"Of course." He replied in a whisper, letting his fingers caress my back a little.

A few minutes passed and I was on the verge of falling asleep before my eyes flew open. "Y/n?" Ethan's soothing voice rang through my head. I hummed, annoyed he kept me from falling asleep.

"Do you think- uhh- after- all this-" I looked up at him, my head still comfortably resting on him. "You know- uhh- when this is over-" He continued stuttering as he glanced at my eyes a couple of times.

He took a deep breath and turned his head in the opposite direction. I raised my eyebrows at his strange behavior. Gaining all his courage he looked back at me.

"Go out with me, please?"

"Huh?" I lifted my head to properly look him in the eyes. "I- I mean- only if you want to of course-" He looked at his hands and his fingers fumbled with each other. His cheeks turned red and his breathing speed up. "What?" My mind was to tired to process this right now.

"Look, I know you've just been attacked by a killer- and- he's still somewhere out there. But- I know we can catch him and- and after he's locked up." He paused and looked into my eyes. "I- want to take you somewhere fancy- you know- like a restaurant." The words came flying out of his mouth.

"Are you asking me on a date?" I hid my smile and cocked my head to the side. He stopped and let my words set in. "Yeah- I guess I am."

I felt a smile slowly creep onto my face and my stomach started feeling funny. "I would love to go out with you."

He flashed a quick smile before his face turned neutral again. "After all this is over right? I don't want to stress you.."

"After we catch the killer and all this is over, we can go on a date." I chuckled. He nodded a smile appearing. "Okay, That's great." He stared into my eyes for a couple of minutes, but his gaze was ripped away from me and towards the door that flew open.

"Ma'am, You can't just rush in here like this, We need your identification-" A police offer stated as he was trying to calm the shaken up Sam down. "My friend was almost murdered! I will not waste another second to catch this bastard!" Her arms were furiously shaking and her back was still turned to us.

"I know how hard this may be ma'am, but-" The officer continued. "No! You don't know how hard this is! Nobody does!" She yelled in his face. She scoffed and turned around to face Ethan and me.

"Hey.." I began and stood up, carefully not to damage my wound. She charged towards me and immediately her arms were wrapped around my neck. I hugged her back and saw, out of the corner of my eye, that more people began to rush through the glass door.

"Sir-" Lane just walked past the officer and ignored him completely. Sam slowly let go of me and I was pulled into another rib-breaking hug by Lane. "Oh, you're okay." I felt safe and was happy to be around my best friends again.

Tara and Mindy stood in the middle of the room and Chad explained everything to the panicked officer. "I was worried sick, Y/n! Why did we just let you go alone?" Tara screeched, regretting her decisions. "It wasn't your fault, really." She pulled me away from Lane and hugged me.

After she unwrapped her arms around me, I sat down as the numbing cream that was around my wound wasn't helping much anymore. "This can't go on like this." Mindy crossed her arms and looked at my pathetic state. "I mean, three attacks in a row. That has to be some kind of record." She sat down and the others followed.

"We already made a plan with Bailey." Lane leaned into his chair and looked at me. The mention of that name made me roll my eyes. "Are you guys sure, you want Y/n to come with us?" Ethan asked and I snapped my head in his direction.

He noticed my glare and began to stutter again. "I mean- you still aren't in uhh- a healthy condition right now- so.." His voice began to get quieter as he finished his sentence.

"He almost killed me and I'm not going to let that fucker try it again."

•---✵---꧁꧂---✵---•f
I js realized I haven't uploaded in like 2 months but my "Ethan phase" is kinda
over so I don't know if i want to continue this..😭😭
I mean i probs will cuz i hate unfinished stories soo...