CHAPTER FIVE: MAKING MY WAY DOWNTOWN

Depuis le début

The stove was on and immediately it made Julia's nose scrunch as a bad memory surfaced again at the thought of burning skin.

"In this church we believe that punishing sin is the only way to teach the nonbeliever's and those that go to the dark side of sin what punishment lies for them in hell with Satan. Today- we must punish one of our own with fire. For he has sinned by kissing a man." The pastor says as the believers cheer and the man strapped to a chair whimper he was just a young teen no older then nineteen. Julia could be no younger then ten years old as she gasps watching a hot iron get placed on the boys bare thigh.

His screams filling the room.

"He cauterized the stump." Rick informs as Julia looks away clearing her throat. "Told you he was tough. Nobody can kill Merle but Merle." Daryl's says with pride as Julia snorts all eyes going to her. "What?" She says with annoyance as they stare at her.

"Just don't see whats so damn funny." Daryl says with a glare making Julia eye him and smirk.

"Your just right nothing can kill Merle but Merle.... With his stupidity that all you men possess I see it as being likely." She says with a smile despite her cruel words as she goes to a smashed window.

"He's lost a lot of blood." Rick says taking Daryls attention from the girl briefly before he follows her to the broken window.

"Yeah? Didn't stop him from busting out of this death trap." Daryl says while coming to a stand next to Julia who gives a displeased look that was ignored.

"He left the building? Why the hell would he do that?" Glen says with disbelief. "Why wouldn't be? He's out there alone as far as he knows, doing what he's got to do. Survivin" Daryl says while pacing the kitchen.

"You call that's ur survivin?" T-dog says in shock. "Just wandering the streets maybe passing out? What are his odds out there?" T-dog snaps as Daryl whirls back around glaring at t dog and blaming him.

"No worse than being handcuffed and left to rot by you sorry pricks. You couldn't kill him. Ain't so worried about some dumb dead bastard." Daryl says while stepping up to Rick.

"What about 1,000 dumb dead bastards? Different story? " Rick asks while Daryl doesn't back down.

"Why don't you take a tally. Do what you want. I'm gonna go get him." Daryl says going to push past Rick but ricks hand reaches out pushing him away. "Daryl wait." He says making Daryl angry at being manhandled.

"Get your hands off me! You can't stop me!" Daryl says with annoyance as Rick doesn't back up. "I don't blame you. He's family I get that. I went through hell to find mine. I know exactly how you feel. He can't get far with that injury.  We could help you check a few blocks around but only if we keep a level head." Rick says with serious tone.

"I could do that." Daryl says calmly before they look to t dog.

"Only if we get those guns first. I'm not strolling the streets of Atalanta with just my good intentions okay?" T dog demands making Daryl look angry

"Merle's probably bleeding out somewhere we can't wait." Daryl says with sass as Julia rolls her eyes. "So much for keeping a level head." She mutters lowly but all eyes go to her letting her know they'd heard her.

She didn't care.

__________________________________