A Marriage Alliance (Merlin BBC)

Princess Althaia

"Isn't this surprising?" A voice made me jump a bit in surprise. I turn around and see none other than, the Crown Prince of Camelot himself. "Why are you out here when the celebration is inside?"

I raise a brow at him, "For some peace? Way too many people inside too,"

He chuckles as he moves right beside me and looked out the gates of Camelot. We're both currently standing outside the Palace. Just behind the closed doors of the entrance to the place.

I continue, "So why is the Crown Prince of Camelot out here?"

He looks out for a moment, then his gaze back to mine, "Can't a person take a breather?"

I shrug, "Fair enough,"

He continues, "I'm afraid I'm at a disadvantage though, you know my name, and I don't know yours,"

I took a step back and courtesy exaggeratedly, "Princess Althaia of Solaria, at your service," Not even a second later, I look back up and saw a flicker of emotion through the Prince's face, one that I couldn't identify.

Weird

I stood back up and relaxed when I hear him chuckle then see him bow dramatically, "Crown Prince Arthur of Camelot, My Princess,"

Butterflies. Butterflies is what I felt in my stomach hearing him said that. We just met. Calm yourself Althaia.

I let out a giggle as he stood back up.

I was about to make a reply when footsteps interrupted me and Prince Arthur's conversation.

"Althaia! Thank God you're not loss. Your parents are-"

Ashlyn. She came running from the entrance of the palace with another servant, one that was close the Physician and the Prince himself earlier.

"Arthur!"

I turn to look at both of them with confusion, while I see in the corner of my eye that Prince Arthur looks like He'd want to murder someone, a person that isn't me, hopefully.

"Ashlyn? What's wrong?"

She was cut off by Arthur's servant, "You both are being summoned by your parents at the King's office."

I still look at them in confusion but I see Arthur relaxed at my side.

"Let's get going then,"

On the way to the King's Office

A hallway full of guests. Nobles, Royalty, and Servants.

I felt an uncomfortable gaze on me, as I shift trying to hurry up, I look at my right and see someone I'm not familiar with looking at me with an unfamiliar emotion in his eyes, as he looked up and down at my figure.

I then feel a hand going around my waist and pulled me a bit closer to them, I look up and see Prince Arthur, glaring at the person, the said person, quickly looked away from the intensifying glare of the Prince.

Surprisingly, I didn't feel uncomfortable at the gesture, instead I feel those same butterflies on my stomacha again.

He lets out a sigh and whispers at me, as we continue to walk to the office with our two friends leading us there.

"I'm sorry about that. Some people don't really have respect for others."

I look at him with a small smile and say, "You don't need to apologize. And thank you for what you did. We can't change those people by force or even just asking them, its them who controls their own, they have to learn and change on their own."

Silence falls through as we now left the busy hallway.

Prince Arthur's hand never left my waist.

The King's Office

As soon as we got inside the office, I look around and see my parents beside King Uther at the front of his desk.

When we got inside, their eyes were immediately on us, then went down to where Arthur's hand is, which is still on my waist. He didn't let go, but I felt a small squeeze on my waist.

King Uther looks at both of us with a wide smile, "Ah! Finally, you all are here,". He looks at my father for a moment then look back at us, "I'm sure you're confused on why we have summoned you both here."

I tilt my head a bit then look at my dad as he continues, "Uther has sent a letter a month ago, of a proposal." My Dad looks at me as he continues, "A Proposal of a Stronger Alliance between our Kingdoms."

I look at my parents and King Uther confused, "Excuse me for interrupting, but Dad, you usually don't tell me about future alliances until it is announced all together in a event or something..."

My Dad nods his head as he lets out a sigh and shares a look with my Mom, "This kind of Alliance is something I need you to agree for us."

I look at them still confuse, before I put everything in pieces.

"Marriage-"

My Mom nods her head and looks at me with a reassuring smile, "A Marriage Alliance. To secure a strong and loyal alliance."

King Uther takes over, "This Alliance is between you and my son."

Then my Dad continues, "We didn't agree or sign anything yet. But we want you, yourself to approve of this Marriage. It's your choice sunshine."

"What about Prince Arthur-"

Prince Arthur interrupted me, "There are other Marriage Alliances that I wouldn't approve. But if I had a say in this, I'll give ours a chance." He looks down at me with with a smile, as he pulls me closer to his side, which both of our parents took notice at.

I look down for a moment to think.

He gives me butterflies on the stomach ones that nobody has done. He cares for me, from my observation from earlier, protective too. He's open too. He's handsome too, that's a plus.

I look back up.

"I think we can work this Marriage thing out." I say this as I place my hand over Arthur's, one that was once placed on my waist, now on my stomach.

Everyone in the room smiles at my approval.

I then laced my hand with Arthur's  that was on my stomach. And squeeze it lightly, which he does as wellbin return.

 And squeeze it lightly, which he does as wellbin return