CHAPTER FOUR: GETTING THE BAND TOGETHER

Start from the beginning

She got to a tank top that was definitely form fitting and it went up high enough on the back to cover the scar.

With uneasy steps Julia grabbed a pair of shorts, a new underwear and bra, and the new top making her way to the Rv. The black tank top really showed her curves making Julia's face scrunch with distaste as she stares in the bathrooms length mirror.

"Ms Julia are you ready to swim!" Raya yells looking around camp making Julia take a deep breath before taking her dirty clothes and throwing them in her car to wash later. She could feel people staring at her but she ignored it.

"Let's go." Raya says excitedly dragging Julia by the hand down to the quarry as everyone at camp watches them leave.

Lori grumbling to herself.

"Do you wanna play mermaids?" Raya asks and Julia forces a smile again and the two played in the water for a good few hours j til a scream up at camp makes them look up in a panic.

With no hesitation Julia grabbed Raya and carried her up to camp grabbing her swords she'd left in her truck and running where she saw a big group running.

Raya went to the other kids asking what happened as Julia ran through the woods ready to see her first Walker in person. Ready to kill it.

As she approached she got there as the men surrounded a deer and walked eating it.

Julia watched in disgust as the creature tore the deer apart with its hands. She could only imagine if it was a person.

Sending fresh food the Walker stands with blood still in its mouth and teeth and approached Rick first. He smacked it across the face with a metal fence post. Then Shane hit it with the butt of his gun.

Then the men began beating it up but none of them pierced it through the head making Julia roll her eyes at their toxic masculinity. Finally Dale cut its head off with an ax making the men stand around panting from doing absolutely nothing in Julia eyes.

"It's the first one we've had up here. They never come this far up the mountain." Dale says confused. "Well they're running out of food in the city. That's what." Jim says expertly making Julia mutely nod.

A branch snaps and everyone hears footsteps getting their weapons ready to take another Walker down. Julia raises her swords this time ready to make it quick unlike the men.

Instead Daryl Dixon appears and looks confused as everyone aims their weapons at him.

"Oh Jesus." Shane says looking away  and lowering his gun.

"Son of a bitch. That's my deer. Look at it all gnawed on by this... filthy. Disease bearing. Pony bastard." Daryl spat as he kicked the dead creature with every name calling.

"Calm down son that not helping." Dale says with defeat as Daryl immediately goes to wards him aggressively.

"What do you know about it old man? Why don't you take that stupid hat and go back to 'on golden pond'?" Daryl's says before going to the deer and retrieving his arrows.

"I've been tracking this deer for miles. Gonna drag it back to camp. Cook us up some venison. What do you think? Do you think we could cut around this chewed up part right here?" He asks sounding hopeful making Julia lift a brow surprised he genuinely sounded concerned.

But then again it could just be for the fact he'd been hunting it for days.

"I would not risk that." Shane sighs knowing this would have been a good meal for camp.