4. Dark Secrets

Abhimanyu and Akshara were coming back home after getting abhir's admission done in the most reputed school of Udaipur. 

"Papa, you know na I want to become a doctor like you"
"Yes bacha, I do!"
"Then why am I being admitted to a normal school? I want to go to the medical school"
Abhimanyu and Akshara laughed at "their" child's innocence.
"You know what medical schools are?" Abhi asked.
"Yes, where people are taught how to become a doctor!"
"My intelligent baby, you're too you to there right now. First complete your 12 years of normal schooling and then you can think of it!"
"But Abhir, do you know your papa used to stay at the hospital all day and night long to have first hand experience of how things work there? He told me once!"
"Really papa? Will you take me there too? I also want to see how things work there!"
"Betuu hospitals are not some fun place, there are a lot of patients and young kids like you should stay away for now."
"Then why did you stay there all day and night long?"

Abhimanyu and Akshara recalled their conversation when Abhimanyu told her how he used running to the hospital as an escape from the toxicity of his household. His mother was brutally abused by his dad and that was a sight he couldn't tolerate and that is why he preferred staying at the hospital only, learning the craft in which he wanted to excel.

Akshara immediately felt guilty for mentioning about him going there as she didn't realise how it could straightaway trigger his childhood trauma. She looked at his pale face and understood he's having all those flashbacks. 

Could she hug him? No ofcourse not!
Could she hold his hand assuring everything's alright now? No, probably.
Could she make him feel better in ANY way?

"Abhi, I want to continue my job as a therapist."
"What?" Abhi suddenly snapped out of his thoughts.
"I said I want to continue my job as a music therapist in your hospital."
"But wasn't it your dream to become a lawyer?"
"Um no.. actually I just wanted to become a lawyer so that I can protect my family from-"

Abhimanyu's heart broke into pieces as he recalled how Akshara thought of him to be a monster who would spoil her happily married life. She even gave up on her dreams because of him. And eventually it did get spoilt. He was not the reason in any way but a part of him broke just at the mere thought of not being able to protect what Akshara cherished. Her family with her kid and the love of her life...Abhinav.

"What? Mumma you were a music therapist? That means you're also a doctor in a way! Wowww!" Abhir exclaimed, excitedly.
"Not exactly a doctor but-"
"Your mumma was a gharelu doctor junior!"
"Gharelu doctor?"
"Yes! She used to hate all the doctors like me and listed some weird herbs as medication for almost all sort of problems."
"Wow mumma! So I can believe both my parents were "some" sort of doctors?"
"Believe whatever you want to." Akshara said casually.

"Um so I guess we should go to the hospital and you can check your cabin if any changes have to be made? Although its exactly the same ever since you left. I haven't let anyone even touch a single thing in that cabin. But like, no one even visited it so maybe it just requires a clean up!"

Abhimanyu's words made Akshara feel elated. She knew she was irreplaceable. In his life, his heart and even his workplace. 

"Soooo are we going to the hospital right now?"
"Sure my over excited kiddo!" Abhimanyu pulled his cheeks and picked up in his arms.

As the three of them entered the hospital, they were greeted by Dr. Rohan first. He was pleasantly shocked to see the family together. There was not a single day when he didn't pray for this scene to unfold and it was finally happening! He greeted Akshara and picked Abhir in his arms. They were chit chatting and just then Abhi took some steps back and locked himself in his cabin.