Ch 10: Heading into battle

speaking = "example"

whispering = "example"

thoughts = "example"

screaming = "example"

-----First Person-----

Their expressions changed to a mix of confusion and curiosity.

(Y/N): "Let me get you on course."

I waved them over and looked back at the map.

(Y/N): "The soldier was right. The reports truly took an effect on our battle plan. It basically renders the plan completely useless. Or at least the current variant. I took the freedom to change that."

I pull out a red and blue pencil and started drawing on the local map.

(Y/N): "We are here right now. The original plan saw it that we would meet up in this camp with our reinforcement coming from here and here."

(Y/N): "We would then move to this river crossing to engage the enemy here

(Y/N): "We would then move to this river crossing to engage the enemy here."

(Y/N): "This has to change

(Y/N): "This has to change. The situation does not allow for this maneuver . The scouts say that our forces are delayed while the Askrians are approaching faster than we anticipated. But the enemy's forces are also smaller."

I looked up o see if they followed my explanation receiving low nods.

(Y/N): "I propose a different plan. I already sent some scouts to inform our reinforcements about a new meeting point."

I erased the current battle plan.

(Y/N): "I say we move to the river line and hold the bridges until we are reinforced to then counterattack. We have the defensive advantage, so in theory if we do this right it should be enough to hold out."

"