-Chapter Two

Blow off some steam

They took a 5 minute break per Rosalinds request,stopping to rehydrate.Nolan took care of Rosalind,uncuffing one of her hands to allow her to have a few sips of water.

"Ange,do you have some water?" Adelaide called from where she was placed on the floor.One hand shading her eyes from the sun.Angela shook her head and Adelaide looked over to see Tim taking a sip out of a water bottle.

"Thank you" Adelaide smiled as she took the water out of Tim's hand and took a few sips.
"I was drinking that but- okay" he mumbled and she took a breath,exaggerating how refreshing the water was.Tim shook his head before taking the water back off her and screwing the lid on.

A sharp bang cut through the air as bullets began flying towards the crowd of officers and Rosalind.
Everyone dropped to the ground,Tim grabbed Adelaide's waist pulling her to the floor behind a bench.

"Wait here" he ordered before quickly standing up and following the officers towards the shooter.They apprehended the shooter and made their way back to where Nolan, Rosalind, Armstrong and Adelaide were waiting.

Angela jogged over towards her sister as she stood,with a white hanker chief wrapped around her hand,being held by Nolan as he applied pressure.
"What happened?" Angela asked as she approached them.

"I cut my hand on some glass when we dropped to the floor.I'm okay though" Adelaide replied as she took over from Nolan applying pressure to her hand.

Nyla sorted Adelaide's hand out while the others prepped Rosalind to start moving again.
"All done.Luckily it's just a scratch so no stitches are needed,Just be careful next time" she said with a slight chuckle.

********************************************

Once the first body had been found,another one was discovered,A newer body maybe six months,nine months tops.Adelaide and Angela both turned to look at Rosalind.
"Don't look at me.I've been in prison for the last five years!" Rosalind defended but Adelaide got a sense she wasn't fully telling what she knew.

For the ride back,Adelaide rode with Tim and Lucy to meet with the ME.Adelaide pulled her phone out of her pocket and the small piece of paper fell out with it.Caleb.She had completely forgotton about him.

She decided to look up his name on instagram,clicking on his profile and looking through his posted photos and videos.A smile was brought to her face at the sight of a picture of Caleb and a dog.

"What are you doing?" Tim asked,noticing the small smile spread across her cheeks.
"Nothing" she replied,still looking at the picture.

"Oh.10 Bucks its not even his dog" Tim spoke,sneaking a look at her phone from beside him.
"It's been an awful day.Can't i just enjoy a cute puppy?" She complained

"This is your first decomp right?" Tim changed the subject as he asked Lucy who was sat in the back seat of the shop.

"Uh,yeah" she replied
"Hope you had a light breakfast" Adelaide spoke earning a nervous look from the rookie.

They stepped off the elevator and the three of them walked into the room,being greeted by the ME.
"Hey bradford,this your mess?" Solomon asked
"Yeah.For now" Tim replied and Adelaide noticed the uncomfortable look on Chen's face.

"You good?" Adelaide asked to which Lucy confirmed that she was okay and followed as they walked closer to solomon and the body.

"Just got them up on the table so don't expect much" Solomon warned and Tim nodded.
"We need to ID the newer body asap.What are the odds of pulling a print with a mobile scanner?" Tim asked