7

tw: none

hello! i'm so sorry it took me so long to update. i'll be publishing this short chapter first as i work on chapter 8 :) i promise to try to make the next few updates longer than this one. again, sorry for the wait!

the couple walks out of the room hand in hand, smiling and laughing.
"and then william tripped and fell, spilling a bit of his coffee. thank goodness the coffee didn't reach the map, or else sarah, or should i say, "cicely", would've ended him right there and then." they share another laugh.

i'd like to know you

there was a moment of silence before y/n asked tom a question.

"tom, may i ask you something?"

but i don't want to

"hm?"

"what's...what's going to happen next?" she looks at him with slight worry in her eyes.

scared of revealing

he stays silent for a moment, "well," he begins.

"for me, i'm not entirely sure. i'm just waiting for sarah and william."

the image is peeling

"i see," y/n hums in response, her eyes now looking at the night sky.

"but i have a question for you," he says as she nods, eyes still focused on the sky above.

i've tried to fight this

"who was that man?"

but you are my weakness

"what man?" she asks, confused.

"the one with curls, he was with you earlier this evening. who is he?" she chuckles at his tone of voice, "are you jealous?"

the world is restricting

"jealous? me? never," he looks away.

you mean everything

"well,  you seem quite jealous, tom," y/n nudges him.

"hey, you're changing the topic! you have yet to tell me who that man was."

dream about you

she laughs, "alright, alright. i'll tell you who's that man."

but before she could continue, she faced him and grabbed both his hands, "but i want you to take note of this, i love you and only you, okay?" tom nods, "okay."

dream about you

"his name's miles."

"oakes? merrington? fairchild?"

dream about you

"i don't remember...i don't think he ever told me. but i'm assuming he's a fairchild because of his hair. they're all dark and curly-haired."

dream about you

"hm, charming," tom hums.

"indeed."

i see you clearly

"so you agree?" he looks at her, "what?" 

"so you agree he's pretty?"

i want you completely

she scoffs, "no. that's not what i agreed to."

i'd do anything

"but you agreed he's-"

"-i agreed that he's charming, not pretty," y/n cuts tom off, shooting him a glare as she speaks.

to have you near me

there was another moment of silence. but this time, it felt quieter and longer than the last.

"are you scared?' y/n's voice breaks tom from his train of thoughts.

forget the future

"scared? of what?" he looks at her and asks, his head tilting to the side.

can we get closer?

y/n thought he looked cute.

pull back your eyelids

"of the future. you know, what'll happen before and after you expose them."

tom shrugs, "let's see."

i'm lost in your iris

meanwhile, tewkesbury's pacing around in a room as enola tries to calm him down.

dream about you

"i swear, i saw her."

dream about you

dream about you

dream about you