BONUS

tw: a bit of insecurity (money issues)

this is just a bonus chapter, so you may skip this. but if you want to see some fluff between tom and the reader, then here you go :)

"tom, where are we going?" y/n asks as tom helps her blindfolded state walk.

"it's a surprise," he chuckles, feeling her grip on his arm tightens.

"oh come on, tell me."

"no."

"please?"

"if i did, then it wouldn't be a surprise."

she sighs with a scoff, "fine. but why is it so breezy? you better not be planning on pushing me off a cliff."

he snickers a bit, "well, if i did then i wouldn't have anyone to-"

"-that's enough," y/n cuts him off with a smile, "don't need to hear it."

tom leans in and kisses her cheek, "don't you and your pretty face worry, gorgeous. we're almost there."

and a few seconds later, they arrived.

"can i remove the blindfold now, tom?" questions y/n, her hands already about to untie the cloth. tom nods, "go ahead."

slowly, she unties the blindfold and removes it, her eyes met the beautiful scenery in front of her.

tom prepared them a beautiful picnic. the clean red and white picnic blanket was on the ground and on top of it was all of their favorite foods and drinks. and they were surrounded by one of the prettiest flowers in the area.

it wasn't fancy nor was it simple, it was just right.

it was lovely.

"do you like it?' tom sheepishly asks, his arms wrapping around her waist as his head rests on her shoulder.

y/n turns around, wrapping her arms around his neck as he still rests on her waist, "like it? i absolutely love it!" tom's face becomes red, "really? you do? i feel like there's something missing."

she tilts her head, "missing? nothing could be missing from this beautiful date."

tom copies her and tilts his head, "positive?"

y/n hums, tom laughs and looks down, "what?"

"maybe there is something missing."

"like?" he asks and removes one of his arms from her waist to caress her cheek.

"a kiss." y/n replies, "a kiss?" tom repeats.

she hums once again, "whatever my lady wants, she will have. and a kiss it is," he grins and kisses her.

y/n kisses him back and lets her hands play with the curls on the back of his neck.

tom breaks their kiss and places one on her forehead before resting his forehead on hers.

"shall we?" he offered his hand to her and asked in a fancy manner, "we shall," she spoke back with the same accent.

tom guides her to sit on the blanket and grabs one of her favorite foods to feed her.

"thank you," she smiles and eats the food.

a few minutes passed and everything went by smoothly. until y/n noticed how fidgety tom became.

she looked at him for a moment and placed her hand on top of his, "tom?"  no response.

"tom," she calls him again but just like the last time, there was no response, "tom!" 

his head shoots up to look at her, "hm?"

"you're all fidgety and quite- a bit sweaty, are you alright?"

"me? y-yeah, yeah, no...i'm alright, f-fine, just fine," he stumbles on his words, "just fine."

y/n shakes her head, "don't lie, tom. you're obviously not. what's wrong?"

he sighs, "i-i don't know. it's just- this entire thing feels so empty, like i could've done better."

y/n frowns at this, "tom-"

"-i know, i know. but i just feel so guilty for not getting you a gift."

"please don't. this is enough, all of this is amazing."

"you may say that but i still wished i could've gotten you something."

"i want to buy you something. but I don't have any money." he adds,"no, I don't have any money."

"see? what kind of a man i am? i c-"

"tom, no store-bought gift could be any better than this," y/n cuts him off as she points towards the beautiful scenery, "pinky promise?" tom says, his pinky finger waiting for hers.

"pinky promise," she links her pinky with his.