Finnick reached his hands up, brushing the hair out of her eyes and off her forehead, tucking it behind her ears.

Giving her a small smile, he cupped her cheeks before rising slightly to meet her for a quick kiss.

"You know I love you," he looked into her eyes.

"Of course," she nodded. "I love you too. But please, can you tell me what's on your mind?"

"It's silly," he dismissed. "I was just thinking about a conversation I had with Johanna the other day."

"Oh," Taiya dismissed. "Don't listen to Johanna, she's an idiot. Was this at the start of the night, or the end of the night?"

"The end."

"So she was drunk," Taiya sniggered.

"Yeah, she was," Finnick agreed. "But she made a good point."

"Which was?"

"She was asking me about jealousy."

"Do tell," Taiya smirked, removing a hand to run her finger down the length of his cheek before returning it to its position behind his neck.

Finnick looked at the ceiling, wanting to avoid eye contact for fear of embarrassing himself.

"She asked if I get jealous of not being able to do coupley things with you," he mumbled.

"Oh I think you and I get up to plenty coupley things," Taiya smirked as she moved her hands to his collar and gave it a light tug, pulling his eyes back to her.

"That's not what I meant," he smirked as he held her hips as he moved them into a sitting position. "Although I am a big fan of that," he winked. "I meant the more mundane things. I want to be able to dance with you at these parties you go to, not watch you dance with another man."

Taiya's smile lifted when she heard this. You want to dance with me?' she confirmed.

"Don't make fun of me," Finnick sulked.

"I'm not!" she laughed. "I'm really not. It's adorable."

"Adorable?"

"Wildly sexy?"

"I like that more," he nodded proudly.

"Ok," Taiya tapped his shoulders before standing up. "Dance with me," she smiled, holding her hand out for him.

"What?"

"Let's dance," Taiya nodded. "You want to dance with me? I want to dance with you. So, come dance with me," she wiggled her fingers.

Finnick hesitated. But then he reached up and grabbed her hand and stood up. The gap between Taiya and the edge of the couch was small, so when he stood they were standing chest to chest. The energy in the air was palpable already.

She couldn't help where her eyes went, they dropped from his eyes to his lips. Lips she'd known intimately for years.

"You wanted to dance," he leant down to whisper in her ear. "Don't get distracted."

Taiya pushed him back slightly by his chest as he laughed at her. "So are we just pretending there's music?"

"Be imaginative Tay," he teased.

"We can use the waves as music?" Taiya suggested.

"Lead the way," he gestured with his hand, following after her as she made her way out onto their pier. "Ready?" he asked after they'd positioned themselves before he bowed slightly to her. She rolled her eyes but curtseyed back anyway.