XXVI

Wednesday's pov:

I walk past Bianca smirking at her knowing what will happen at the Poe Cup in a bit. I see Enid waiting for me and standing up while I approach her. 

"We're all set" she grins proud.

"Good. Thing is in position" 

"Wanna tell me what you two are up to ?" curious to know.

"And spoil the surprise ?" I must admit I adore vengeance and also competitiveness. I want to see Bianca's angry face, especially because what she said about Angel.

"Speaking of surprises, your costume's in the tent" she squeals happy.

My eyes wide. Wait what ?

My irritations grows even more when I finish putting this ridiculous costume. Looking at the chair in the team tent, I notice also cat ears and makeup. Hell no.

"Hi Wends" A sweet and shy voice reach my ears and I turn, pleasant to see her. When she closes the curtain she takes off her sunglasses and checks me up and down blushing a bit. I smirk.

"Well, you look really... h-nice" Angel compliments blushing harder. I stay silent, getting lost in her beauty like always.

She looks at the chair and giggles.

"You need to wear them" she points and I frown a bit. 

"Never" this costume is already unnecessarily and like I said ridiculous, I won't put that ridiculous item and won't draw whiskers on my face. She giggles again and take the cat ears. Angel then comes closer to me and raises them up looking amused at me.

"At least wear this, you're a Black Cat after all" I look at her grey eyes, more azure this time due to the sun outside, and her soft smile. Her blonde hair down on her shoulders. She looks at me hopeful I change my mind about that embarrassing item.

"Ok" She stands on her tip toes like yesterday when I hugged her and with a concentrated face she adjust it on my head. Angel's face is so close now and I can't help to not look at her lips that seems so soft. 

She moves some strands of my hair down, studying my face. "Beautiful" she whispers and realizing what she said she blush hard looking down. 

My heart trembles hearing that, making my cheeks warm a little.

"I just wanted to wish you good luck, but I feel that you'll win easily" Her dimples present on her face.

"Thank you" I smile at her unconsciously. She seems taken back by that and her eyes brightens.

"See you then. Take Bianca down and win" She stands on her tip toes again and gives me a soft kiss on my cheek. Like she didn't realize what she just did she puts her sunglasses on and goes away.

Not understanding that she let me so flustered and red like a tomato.

Involuntarily my smirk transforms into a huge smile. I touch the cheek.

I'm not scared anymore of this feelings ? Hell no, they frighten me, terrify me. Never felt them once in my life.

I can't tear my eyes off her every time she giggles or laughs, showing her fangs and dimples, they are music to my ears, feeling proud if I'm the reason of them. I can't not get lost into her beautiful eyes, grey like a storm and sometimes blue like the ocean. Her hair often messy down her shoulders or up in a ponytail seems so soft. I would hear her talk all the time, not once missing something, wanting to know more about her. To know everything, even the evil inside her. To watch her dance again like it happened in the library or play again the piano or how she cutely wrinkles her noise or raises the corner of her lips and frowns a bit when focused. I need to have a physical touch with her all the time, for the first time adoring the warmth. 

Yesterday's hug still impressed in my mind. I was scared to do that and didn't actually know how to proceed. When she hugged back, with her arms around my neck and her head in the crock of it, I understood that everything I enjoyed since yesterday were nothing compared to it. Having her so close to me and small into my arms made me realize how I want to protect her. I want to ease the pain settled in her, to make it disappear. I want to torture everyone who dares to say bad things about her, to terminate everyone who dares to touch her or to hurt her. She's loved by everyone, due to her kind personality, but still there are stupid people like Bianca who doesn't understand and I am ready to open their eyes or to be by her side comforting her, to make sure she doesn't listen to them.

After Enid's little lecture I decided to try and push this fear aside a bit and I must admit it was a  good idea. Adoring making her happy and not sad. I don't know if she feels the same, if she's frightened to losing me too. However, sometimes a glint in her eyes makes me think that maybe this is possible. I want to court her, to spoil her, to make her blush, give her the moon or conquer the world if she asks me to. I want to make her feel... loved.

"Wednesday are you ready ?" I hear Enid calling my name.

I recompose myself and decide it's time to go out. My eyes searching like always for her small figure. 

"OMG, you look purr-fect !" My roommate's exited voice a bit less irritating than the first time I saw her "Only thing, where are your whiskers ?"

I look directly into her eyes "Ask again and you'll be down to eight lives"