Cheater(?)! Natsu x Dying! Reader

((A/N I do not ship NaLu, but I had to include it for this story... Sorry to all of you that don't ship NaLu! Also, this is modern day. I DO NOT OWN FAIRY TAIL! Even though I wish I did....))

-Your POV-

Today is my two year anniversary with Natsu. I can't believe that he even stayed with me after I told him about me dying from a weak heart... All he said was 'all the more reason to love you as much as I can for as long as I can.' Honestly, he is so sweet... most of the time. For example, last week when he and Gray were fighting, gray threw a table and it almost hit me. Let's just say that a certain ice mage couldn't move his arms for at least eight hours thanks to a certain fire dragon slayer...

-A SHORT TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY GILBIRD, THE MOST AWESOME BIRD IN THE WORLD-

I got to Natsu's house where he and I were going to watch the most amazing movie ever... Hetalia: Paint It White. As I was opening the door (Natsu had given me keys to his house), I was met with the most horrific sight... Natsu and Lucy were making out on his couch. Both people were focused on the make out session they were having and only stopped when I dropped the DVD case. Natsu immediately turned around, having some of Lucy's lipstick on his lips, and began to try to speak.
I cut him off by shouting, "Well, what a nice gift to give your dying now-ex girlfriend... By the way, I got the results from my most recent test this morning, I only have a few days, at most, left until it's game over for me... Then again, what would you care, looks like you already have a replacement for me... I might as well just end my pain now, considering the only reason I've lasted this long is for you. Goodbye, Natsu." My shouting gradually became a whisper towards the last few sentences.
With that, I walked out of the door, not wanting to hear his excuses.

-Nastu's POV-

'Did she just say what I think she said...?' I thought as tears began to poke at the corners of my eyes. I pushed Lucy away and ran out the door chasing (y/n) down the road screaming her name. She didn't even stop when I yelled out an apology, and it's rare for her to not at least stop and listen to a person's apology. I must have really hurt her...
I can't believe Lucy would try to make out with me even when she knew that I'm in love with (y/n). Now I may never get (y/n) to forgive me, let alone keep living for me. If I had known that she was only holding on for me, I would have already asked her to marry me, I shouldn't have waited as long as I have...

-Your POV-

'I can't believe him... I might as well go home and spend my last few days watching anime and eating pocky... Or maybe I should get rid of my pain today, instead of waiting it out...'
As soon as I got home, I went to my room and laid my favorite outfit out on my bed. Right after that I remembered the doctor saying that I would only live a few more days if I wanted to and that when I die within the few days is all up to me... I choose now, considering the fact that the only reason I'm still able to breathe has already found a replacement for me.
I laid down on my bed after writing goodbye notes to my family and friends. I could feel my pulse weakening as I held a picture of me and Natsu on our first date close to my heart. My eyelids grew very heavy as I whispered my last words, "I still love you Natsu, now I'll let you be as happy as I was when you still loved me. Goodbye."
As those words left my lips, I could feel my grip loosening on the picture frame and I fell into a world of darkness.

-Natsu's POV-

'Please don't let me be too late...' I thought as I started to knock on (y/n)'s door. The door busted after a few minutes of me knocking and I ran to (y/n)'s room. What I saw broke my heart.
There she was, laying on year bed with tears drying on her face. In her hands that were beginning to become pale was a picture frame, the photo facing down.
I walked closer and noticed a few folded pieces of paper on her nightstand, each had a name written in cursive on it. I stopped by her limp body slid the picture from her hands.
Tears started to slide down my cheeks as I remembered when that picture was taken, she had just told me about her heart condition and I had hugged her and told her 'all the more reason to love you as much as I can for as long as I can'.
As tears began to fall from my face at a faster rate, I placed the picture back into her hands and turned to the note that had my name on it. The note read:

Dear Natsu,
Even though you broke my heart, I'm happy that you found someone to love after I die. Now, I'll let you be as happy as I was when you still loved me. I will always love you Natsu. Goodbye.

P.S. Don't cry for me, I wouldn't want you to be crying because I'm free from pain. Save your tears for someone more important.

Sincerely,
(y/n) (l/n)

'Oh (y/n), I could never love anyone as much as I loved you... And nobody is more important than you were... You were my mate after all. If only I had told you sooner...' I thought as I folded up the note and pulled out my phone. "Hey Erza, I need you to meet me at (y/n)'s place........ You'll see why when you get here....... Okay, bye."
I turned to (y/n) and wiped tears from my eyes as I whispered to her, "I still love you (y/n). I always will."

-Third Person POV-

As Natsu whispered to (y/n)'s corpse, she watched him and smiled with tears in her eyes. She was now an angel, free from pain.

To this day, Natsu still says that after he said those words he could hear her say 'I'll see you soon, my mate.'

((A/N sorry if Natsu and Lucy are a little OOC...))