Sober Up

lissie wants to sober up from her thoughts and rafe needs to sober up, literally.

As John B got caught by Sarah Cameron, he attempted to subtly slip off Figure 8 without being noticed by any more Kooks, but he did, however, notice a certain kook sneaking out of the Abbott house looking like he just woke up. Why Rafe Cameron came out of Lissie Abbott's house at dawn and not from Tannyhill was a mystery he would ask Lissie himself.

-
Lissie stabs pieces of plastic with her pitchfork trying to imagine the trash she has cleaned for the past hour as the Cameron boy she was with the night before. She thought herself an idiot for letting it slip a handful of times already. He was like the devil on her left shoulder tempting her with his every move. The 'slip ups' as she called them were excuses for her and the Lissie that agreed to things Rafe suggested everytime they got even an inch close around each other, sober or not. Rafe was not good for her. And yet when he asks for her, she gives herself away, every single time. She needs to sober up from the daze Rafe Cameron always leads her to.

"Earth to Lissie?" Wheezie waves her trash bag at her, trying to gain her attention.

"Mhm." She replies, at a loss for the sudden interruption of the youngest Cameron.
"We're almost done here. Sarah told me to invite you to a party." Wheezie says picking up multiple trash bags with her.

"Tell your sister that I don't party with high schoolers." Lissie picked up the last pieces of trash, tied up her garbage bag, and said goodbye to the kids helping clean up the beach.

The beach clean-up looked like it was ambushed by a bunch of privileged rich kids trying to add something to their cv and instead of cleaning, have turned into drinking hard liquor disguised in water bottles.

She ignored the Kooks making her way out of the beach. The Pogues messaged her a while back about another progression on Big John's case. Riding her bike on her way home to change before heading to The Wreck, she overhears Ward Cameron shouting at someone on the first floor, the doors were opened and she could hear in. She didn't want to snoop but couldn't help but want to see who he was arguing with. Not being able to reach their side of the wall, she opted to go home instead, not seeing the benefit of spying on Ward Cameron of all people. She walked her bike home thinking about the Royal Merchant.

"You know the Pogue I just fired? Way more reliable than you." Ward says.

"You need to get it together Rafe, or you can go live in the cut." She overhears again, as she left her bike just outside the front door.

A few seconds later she could hear the revving of a motorcycle, speeding past on the road. It was Rafe Cameron. He was clearly troubled. But he wasn't her problem, she had enough on her plate already.

Before she could leave her house to meet the Pogues at the Wreck, a stumbling Sarah Cameron was on her front porch, clearly drunk off her ass.

"Lissie, please help me." She tells her, asking for a hug.

She returns her hug, confused by the kook's gesture. She was the last Cameron she'd expect on her porch.

"Why are you here, Sarah? She asks her gently not knowing what to do with her.

"I'm such an idiot, Lissie. I told Topper I was ready but when it came down to it, I couldn't." She tells her, pulling away from their hug.

"Sarah, you know what?" She chuckles, holding her to sit on the bench.

"What?"

"Topper's the idiot not you. If it doesn't feel right with someone, then don't do it with them, okay?" She looked at her, she was a sweet girl, and she used to hate her for being one of them but she just hung out with the wrong crowd. She couldn't really blame Sarah Cameron for hanging out with the Kooks, they're all she's ever known.