Gem Drill PT 2

As Alexis is climbing a ladder with Peridot into the drill the two soon see Steven wake up.

"If you're done just lying there, maybe it's about time that we stop the world from ending! Where are the others!?" Peridot asks in alarm seeing the others are not back.

"They're stuck on Mask Island. We have to drill without them!" Steven shouts as he comes over.

"Ugh! Am I the only one who understands the meaning of teamwork?! Okay Steven, Alexis are you ready to drill down into the planet to depths never before reached by your species to stop the Cluster before it forms and save your world!?" Peridot asks.

"I don't know!" Steven shouts worriedly.

"Don't say that! Say we'll do it together and it's gonna be great!" Peridot shouts confidently.

"We're gonna do it together and it's gonna be great!" Steven shouts.

"Liar!" Peridot shouts as another tremor occurs.

"Ah! Well ready or not we gotta move!" Alexis shouts as the group gets into the drill and begin drilling.

"Increasing speed!" Peridot shouts.

"Alright. Bracing for impact." Steven says.

"It's actually two more hours to the cluster." Peridot says.

"It's gonna be what?" Alexis asks as she looks at Peridot.

"Oh. Wish I'd brought some tunes." Steven says before Peridot turns on some elevator music.

"Nice touch." Alexis says as she smiles.

*Timeskip*

Later as the group is drilling further they soon hear something outside the drill.

"Hey you two hear that?" Alexis asks before seeing a hand on the drill.

"A Gem mutant!" Steven shouts.

"They must've buried some prototypes with the Cluster." Peridot says as more appear.

"They're all over us! They're attacking the drill! What do we do?" Steven asks.

"Pearl didn't think it was necessary, but I never leave home without a blast cannon." Peridot says as she hands controllers to Alexis and Steven.

"Something doesn't feel right about this." Steven says unsurely.

"Then use the D-pad." Peridot says.

"No it's just... ngah. These things. We can't just leave their gems out there. They're going to form again later. If I could just bubble them then they'd be safe. C'mon! We've gotta help them." Steven says as a mutant falls into some magma.

"What!? How!?" Alexis asks as she looks at Steven.

"There is no helping them. They're too broken. The beings who used to be in those shards are so shattered, they don't know who they are, or what's happening around them. They just seek out other gems looking for the missing pieces of themselves. Trying to make themselves whole. These early experiments only combine two or three shards. The cluster will be a billion times bigger. An inseparable fusion capable of destroying worlds. Starting with this one." Peridot says.

"Steven I'm sorry but I have to agree with Peridot. I don't see any way we can help them right now. Right now the cluster is more important. We can worry about the mutant gems after." Alexis says before the drill hits a dense layer of rock.

"We're hitting some denser rock! This is it! Recovery depth achieved. Target found." Peridot says as the group sees something ahead of them.

"Is that..." Steven says.