Chapter Eight (Troubles A'Calling)

This chapter sucks ass, I have no more excuses.

^

Derek pulled into the parking garage probably faster than necessary, narrowly missing the curb and the divider. Cora was unnaturally silent next to him as soon as they entered the city again.

She stopped asking questions almost as soon as he stopped answering, now she just sat there idly, looking out the window.

He pulled up to the security station inside the building, not even bothering to roll down his window as the two men working there immediately tensed and opened the gate. Cora shot him a confused look.

The next minute he was pulling into the nearest parking spot haphazardly and shutting off the car, Cora unbuckled as soon as he did, following him out and across the parking garage. He tried to keep a grip on the desperation he felt.

Of all the places Peter could have taken Stiles, this was by far the worst one. Derek regretted ever having to come back here, this place was nothing if not full of the worst kind of people; not even people either.

He heard Cora mutter, "what the hell," as he opened the door across from where they parked.

This wasn't a place he ever wanted Cora to see but if it meant getting Stiles back then it was already too damn late to keep her away.

As soon as the door opened, Derek stepped into the dark hall, his eyes flashing instinctively when he smelt the arid scent of fear and pain.

It was something he never wanted to smell, that scent sent his wolf into a protective frenzy - that scent had his stomach rolling with unease.

"Oh god...it's Stiles," Cora gasped, as she stepped into the hallway. Those words, the confirmation that he wasn't the only one smelling Stiles hurt, made Derek nearly sprint down the hall with Cora hot on his heels.

He felt the blind rage reignite inside him again, the scents in the hall weren't even an hour old.

He could smell Stiles along with Peter and two other new scents he had no idea who belonged to. Derek was going to banish his uncle to the ends of hell for dragging Stiles into this place, a place his uncle helped him create, a place where supernaturals and his former coworkers could hide. This place, these people would kill to get their hands on someone like Stiles. An untrained spark.

The thought of someone touching Stiles made Derek want to burn this place to the ground. To hell with everyone inside and maybe this time death would finally stick for his uncle.

Cora continued to follow wordlessly, wisely keeping her mouth shut as she could no doubt smell his rampage. The hallway eventually opened up, and the familiar elevator was waiting for them as he moved across the room, he shot a look at the hidden security camera in the corner.

Cora didn't even hesitate to follow him into the cramped elevator, he could smell her own fear and anger, though he wasn't quite sure who it was directed at.

"You have a lot of explaining to do once we get him back," she says lowly. When they got Stiles back - not if.

"Fine," he agreed, curling his hands into fists to try and stop his wolf's instincts. He had a shit ton of explaining to do and knew Cora would beat him to hell for hiding this from her.

She thinks he changed - still thinks that after getting Hale Corp, and becoming a public figure had cured him of all his sins and crimes, but she was mistaken. After today, Derek planned on getting more blood on his hands than he thinks she could stomach.

It only took a minute or more until the doors are opening and Derek was darting through. "Stay close," he said to her and he felt her tense.

Derek stormed through the crowded sub level of the building growing at people who accidentally bumped into him, ignoring their looks of surprise when they saw his face.