Chapter Thirty Five - Winner Takes It All: Part One | Viperion's POV

Start from the beginning

"Cataclysm!" I hear Chat Noir's voice, turning to see his hand light up as though it's engulfed in black flames.

"Adrien no!" Ladybug screams, and I can't even think of what to do as I watch her jump in front of Hawkmoth to stop Chat Noir from using his powers on a person.

Except instead of placing his palm on Hawkmoth, Chat Noir touches Ladybug.

Everyone stills, the only sound that can be heard is Chat Noir's strangled sobs. "No, no, no!" He cries out, Ladybug staring at him with wide eyes.

When she tries to speak, nothing but a garbled choke comes out.

He cataclysm'd her chest.

Even Hawkmoth steps back, watching with interest. He's certainly shocked, but something about the way he evaluates the situation makes it seem like he's more interested in the science of a person being hit with Chat Noir's cataclysm.

Ladybug falls to her knees, grasping at her chest as Chat Noir helps assist her into a laying position. The two are on the ground, Chat Noir holding a dying Ladybug, the blood trickling out of the corners of her lips.

"Luka!" He screams, looking over at me with the most horrified expression I've ever seen. "Do something! Please, oh god please!"

I shake my head, snapping myself out of the daze I was in and quickly reset the time before it's too late.

This time, Chloe gets hit again.

I keep trying everything I can think of, but no matter what I do, one of them dies.

I have to chose who to sacrifice.

I can't do that, they both mean so much to me. Marinette, my first love in life. My closest friend. I can't ever lose her.

Chloe, the girl who despite being so different from Marinette, has fully captured my attention. The girl who is harsh on the outside, but soft on the inside. She's so smart and has so much life left to live. I can't lose her either.

The moment I reset time for the millionth attempt, I try the last thing I can think of.

"Stop! Stop it, everyone!" I scream, jumping down to protect Hawkmoth from the onslaught of attacks.

I've tried protecting everyone else, and the outcome never changes. This time, I'll protect the enemy.

"Chloe! Marinette! Stay back! You both die!" I cry out, watching everyone tense up. Hearing those words seem to sober up Chat Noir, making his blind rage simmer down. He glances over at Ladybug with wide eyes.

"I've reset time over and over, and there is no way I can save both of them. So we all need to just calm down, okay?!" I yell at everyone, pointing at Alya. "Back off! And Carapace, do your damn job."

I quickly turn to see a confused Hawkmoth, staring at me with interest.

"You want to save your wife. I understand. But right now, you should be protecting your son." I argue, Hawkmoth rolling his eyes.

"I am protecting my son by giving him back his mother." Hawkmoth retorts, making me let out an exasperated sigh.

All bets are off, so why not?

"That's your son, you idiot." I point at Chat Noir, and when the two of them lock eyes, Chat Noir glares at him.

"My son?" Hawkmoth whispers, and I nod my head. "How? This isn't possible. I would know if my son was Chat Noir all these years."

"Plagg, claws in." Chat Noir says, releasing his Miraculous and exposing himself as Adrien.

The room is so quiet you could probably hear a pin drop. The two of them just stare at each other, Adrien looking royally pissed off while Hawkmoth looks as though he has no ability to process this.

Ladybug steps closer, inching behind Hawkmoth while he's preoccupied. I don't know what she has in mind, but she's up to something.

It's been longer than five minutes. I can't reset time now.

I sure hope this was the right call.