Part 15 (The Final Part)

The next few days passed in a blur. Everyone had been so busy with recovery efforts and doing what they could to help the injured. Crescent had barely had any time to slow down at all which meant she hadn't really had time alone with Spider either, even though she felt like they needed to talk about a lot of things.

After Jake had spoken to Tonowari and Ronal, her and Spider had been allowed to stay as long as they needed. Norm didn't want Crescent coming back to the forest until the sky people weren't a threat any more, especially considering the hell her and Spider had just gone through with them. She hated the idea of being separated from her father after just being reunited with him, but he promised to visit regularly.

So, for the past couple days they had also been working to build a makeshift lab of sorts, somewhere for Crescent and Spider to live while they stayed with the Metkayina clan. They had to build it quiet a ways away from the village to avoid flooding and bothering the Na'vi in general, but it was enough for them to be able to function without their masks on when they were inside.

Not only was it big enough for both Crescent and Spider, and any of the lab coats who needed to stay occasionally, but it was also big enough to house their avatars. Norm had flown both Spider and Crescent's avatars all the way to their little lab and helped her set them up so that they could finish growing for the next couple months.

It was almost overwhelming, going from devastated that all her hard work was gone to beyond excited that they'd be able to link with them relatively soon. Spider was just as excited as she was, if not more so. Crescent made sure to tell Norm how grateful she was on multiple occasions.

She had just said goodbye to Norm after finalizing things with the lab and the avatars when Crescent finally had a moment to rest. Her father had promised to visit and radio her when possible, so she wasn't too upset about him leaving for a while. She was just grateful to have a moment to sit down as she slumped down onto the bed in her new bedroom. It was a small room, but she didn't need much.

Her mask was discarded on the bedside table next to her as she flopped backwards into the sheets. Tsireya, being literally the sweetest person she'd ever met, had made her seashell garlands to hang up around her room and make it more homely. They looked so pretty hanging from the ceiling and it made her feel a little bit more peaceful as she turned over and saw the picture of her mom, Trudy, that she had pinned to the wall. That had been one of the things from her old room that Norm had brought for her.

She heard a gentle knock on the door as she sat up, "Come in." Crescent said, brushing some sand off her feet and into a small trash can.

Spider opened the door, stepping into her room and not hesitating to walk over and sit down next to her on the bed. His room was just across the hallway, which was super tight but functional.

"Hey," he said as he sat, looking like something was bothering him.

"Hey," she said back, "What's on your mind?" When he didn't answer right away, she reached over and put a hand on his knee, "If it's Neteyam you should know I talked to him. It wasn't an easy conversation and he didn't take exactly the way I was expecting him to, but I broke it off. For good." She didn't mention the part about the avatars and how their convenient reappearance may or may not have given Neteyam the wrong idea.

"No, no it's not that," Spider paused, rethinking his words, "well I mean it is, but that's not the only thing."

"What is it then?" She asked, "You know you can tell me anything."

He shook his head, looking distraught, "No, if I tell you, you might hate me. And if you hated me, I don't think I could live with myself."

Crescent scooted closer to him, a bit confused by the sudden escalation of everything, but mostly concerned. She looked him in the eyes, "Miles, there is nothing in this universe that could make me hate you."