RECAP from The Runaway Princess (PART 3)

Start bij het begin

"WHAT THE HECK, THEY'RE SO EARLY?!" Tommy exclaimed, peering through the window. "GET READY TO FIGHT, WOMAN!" He swiftly armed himself with a bow, preparing for the incoming threat.

Your head spun with confusion, trying to make sense of the chaotic situation. "What on earth is going on?" you muttered, a mix of concern and anticipation flooding your thoughts.

¨*.¸.•*¨'*. ¸ •**•* .•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨'*•.

Taking your place beside Tommy, you focused your attention on the group of people causing a stir. To your shock, you spotted Dream standing in the middle, flanked by George and Sapnap.

A familiar, unsettling presence made itself known, and you couldn't ignore the intense gaze that Dream directed your way. He was aware of your presence instantly, and a sinister smile played beneath his mask. He recognized you as the nuisance, the troublemaker, the runaway princess.

The air thickened with tension as Dream's words cut through the chaotic scene, his voice specifically aimed at you. "Nice to see you again, princess."

A mixture of frustration and determination surged within you. You twirled the unfamiliar dark sword with ease, channelling your resolve. 'Ah sh-... Here we go again.'

¨*.¸.•*¨'*. ¸ •**•* .•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨'*•.

Sometimes XD would come out of your mind just because he was bored and wanted to see what you were up to. No one else could see him unless he wanted them to. Initially, it felt awkward to interact with him, but as time passed, you grew accustomed to his presence. In the eyes of others, he could appear as just another man, as XD had the ability to hide his wings, and halo, and reduce himself to human size.

"Why do you have to look like Dream sometimes when you're in human form? It's kind of creepy," you rolled your eyes.

"Well, at least nobody can tell I'm a Demi-God," XD replied.

"Yeah, but if people see me talking to Dream, they might think I'm a traitor for talking to an enemy," you sighed.

"Wouldn't that be exciting?" XD said with enthusiasm.

¨*.¸.•*¨'*. ¸ •**•* .•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨'*•.

After the Lmanburg war, things got intense and people started pressuring you to pick a side. XD told you that choosing Schlatt's side would lead to a surprising impact on the future while joining the resistance side would also bring shocking revelations. It was confusing and not helpful at all. Eventually, you decided to become Schlatt's secretary to protect Tubbo and navigate the difficult situation.

¨*.¸.•*¨'*. ¸ •**•* .•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨'*•.

During your break from duty, you decided to visit a serene lake to clear your mind.

"Why did you bring me here?" you asked, gazing at the captivating view of the lake.

"You mean to this lake? You walked here yourself," XD chuckled.

"No... I mean to this realm," you replied, not in the mood for another one of XD's jokes.

"It's a reset," XD explained, sitting beside you. He concealed his halo and wings, resembling Dream from behind.

"A reset from your mistake?" you asked softly.

"...My brother...Foolish hasn't spoken to me in months," XD said with a hint of sadness in his voice, looking down.

"You deserve that," you replied, absentmindedly playing with the sand using a small stick.

¨*.¸.•*¨'*. ¸ •**•* .•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨'*•.