Chapter 2 - Curiosity

I grabbed my prey's lifeless body and carried it up above the cold water and hid it behind a bunch of rocks where Bellus couldn't see it and ran over to her to comfort her. Little did I know... I was covered in blood... Good job Idate. I saw the look of fear in the small child's eyes and felt my heart drop. I swam around the clean water several times to get the stains off of me. After I came back I saw Bellus examining my box of cigarettes, how did she get those? I saw her taking them out and looking inside of the box. I got bored of her childish behavior and sighed and grabbed my temple.

"Bellus, give me my cigarettes." I sighed...

"NO" she pouted,

"Bellus, I'll give you until the count of three to give me back my cigarettes"

"NOOOO"

"One"

"I don't wanna!"

"Two!"

In fear of what was going to happen whenever I said three Bellus put away all of the cigarettes and gave me the box.

"Now was that so hard?"

"Yes!" she pouted and crossed her little arms.

I started to walk off to light a cigarette and smoke a short distance from her. I looked into the water when I became bored of standing in one spot not thinking about anything interesting. I sighed and asked the white haired girl :

"You wanna go in the water again?" I asked teased

"Um..." she tensed up

"Um?" I mocked

"I don't know how to swim..." She mumbled in embarrassment

I chuckled at her shyness and faced towards her.

"I guess I'll help you, I mean I don't have anything better to do" I joked.

"Y-yeah..." she blushed

"Get in the water" I commanded in a somewhat caring way as she obeyed.

She struggled to keep her head above the water while I joined her in the almost freezing water. I stood there for a while watching her somehow stay afloat, flailing her little limbs around aimlessly.

"Can you move your tail up and down?" I asked with no emotion noticing that, that was the only thing that she wasn't moving.

"Kinda." she struggled to say

I sunk underwater and examined her tail noticing a large bump near the middle of her tail. I poked it and started to move her tail up an down; I watched her feet as it looked like she cringed with every movement that I was causing. I kept on doing this but going faster every other downwards motion. Until I heard and felt an unsettling snap. I felt where her tail had adjusted and it no longer had a lump. She loudly winced and started to cry softly. I got back above the water to find her trying but failing to hold back tears. I held her up sat her back on the land being careful not to make any sudden movements to her tail.

"Dad." she called to me as I sat down next to her. My ears rung once I'd heard that word 'dad'.

"Yes?" I choked

"I don't wanna learn how to swim..." She sniffles

We sat there in awkward silence until she spoke.

"Can I go into town?" She asked

"No" I responded in a sinister yet serious voice.

"But, it's lonely being here with only you..." She begged

By now my cigarettes in my mouth had needed to be flicked so I did. The ashes gracefully flew onto the snow in which they disappeared in.

My expression became almost furious.

"Why would you want to leave me?" I snapped

She flinched at my tone and looked down in regret of her words.

The day went by fast and I showed her how to eat a fish while it's still on the bone. Now it's dusk and I'm sitting down looking at the stars reflected off of the clean ocean water. I sat there deep in though of a scheme or something that I could do to that cowardly dog or his "friends" I looked over In the direction of Bellus's sleeping spot which was behind an ice rock she couldn't be seen from the angle that I'm at. I started to drift off into a semi sleep, not thinking about anything in general.

~Bellus POV ~

I look over to the larger orca and notice that he's asleep. I then look to the southwest direction knowing that my destination is over there. I get up carefully so I don't make a sound. I silently make my way over to the town and look back at dad to make sure he didn't wake up. Once I'm away from what I believe is his hearing range I start to run and gallop and skip. I start to see lights in the distance and run faster than before. I ran as fast as I could not watching where I was going and fell hard flipping forwards. The frostbite had started to kick in. I scraped the cold damp snow off of myself and continue to run. Before I knew it I was in the middle of the town and I looked at everything in amazement. There was a sharp pain where... it had happened and I winced. I turned around to see an owl woman looking at me with an intrigued look on her face. She tilted her head to the side and asked "who are you?" I was frozen in place. I wanted to be with daddy with my face buried in his chest, cradled in his arms.

I stood there frozen and paler than usual I was sweating and horrified. I tried to move but I was frozen. My heart was beating at an irregular and very fast pace. I felt my body shake violently.

After what felt like an hour I was able to move my legs so I did I started to slowly back up, my legs trembled so much to the point that my knees hurt. I turned around and started running for my life. I then realized that I was crying. Once I got back into his hearing range I was dead quiet. I think daddy had heard me slip on the ice and fall on my tail because he got up and walked over to me.

A displeased grimace was on his face.

"Where were you?"

I quickly made up a lie.

"I had to use it so I went out somewhere then I got lost getting back."

I think he believed it! He picked me up and laid down on the same rock. This time I rested my head on his chest. His heartbeat was beautiful, it was like an orchestra sympathy and his slow breathing compliments it beautifully. It soothes me. I fell asleep before I even got comfortable.

I awoke the next morning to find myself alone. I quickly looked around and noticed a note engraved in the ice : "Went to go on a stroll. I'll be back at dusk. -Idate (stop calling me dad)"

I sighed. Dusk won't be until a while. I decided to teach myself how to swim.

I carefully put myself into the water and moved my tail up and down. I was surprised! It doesn't hurt. I dive under and freely swim around no longer flailing my arms around. After about 2-3 hours I got out. I noticed how my dress wasn't wet. Weird. I saw a seagull flying in my direction. He stood on the rock that daddy I mean Idate and I slept at. He looked down at me with a package in his mailman parcel. I stared at him looking at all of his features. Something then told me to look at the note Idate wrote me. I noticed some writing that was covered in a thin layer of snow, I got on my hands and knees and rubbed off the snow revealing text that says : " PS a mailman should be delivering some cigarettes of mine, tell him to read this note below...

Hey I'm out for a stroll! I'll be back at dusk just leave the box unopened and with the little girl.
-Idate"

I did as instructed and he left me with the box. I hid the box under some snow where we go to sleep at.

I decided to go for a swim again. I never realized how much I like the water. It makes me happy and calm. I discovered different swimming strokes and started to play "get the rock from the bottom" I got bored and I pretended I was a hippo and kept only my eyes out if the water. I crept around the island and found a boat. It had a snow fox or a white dog in it and the owl from last night. I though it would be fun to flip over their boat and then tickle them while they were in the water.

I crept over to their boat and got hit by an oar. I think they found me because they started to panic.