RECAP from The Runaway Princess (PART 2)

Start from the beginning

The fall seemed endless until finally, you crashed onto the hard ground. The impact jarred your senses, and as you slowly regained awareness, the disorientation began to fade away. You found yourself in a strange and brightly illuminated room, bathed in an otherworldly glow. The air crackled with unfamiliar energy, filling you with a sense of both wonder and unease.

Confusion welled up within you as you examined your body, expecting to find injuries from the treacherous fall. To your astonishment, there were no wounds or scars to be found. Even the mark Dream had left upon you had mysteriously vanished, leaving your skin unblemished and unharmed. It was as if the abyss had cleansed and healed you during your descent.

¨*.¸.•*¨'*. ¸ •**•* .•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨'*•.

As you took in your surroundings, your attention was drawn to a bag that had fallen alongside you and Dream. It lay on the ground, its contents shimmering with an ethereal glow. A sense of anticipation stirred within you as you realized the significance of these enchantment books.

"Hello! I am Foolish, a Demi-God," he proclaimed, his voice carrying an air of wisdom and authority. "Welcome, mortals, to the Limbo."

Confusion and questions flooded your mind, and you found yourself blurting out a series of inquiries. "Huh? Where exactly am I? Is this heaven?"

Foolish smiled kindly, his eyes glimmering with ancient knowledge. "You stand in the Limbo, a place between life and death, a realm of transition. It is where souls journey when they perish on the server, awaiting resurrection or passage to the afterlife."

The realization struck you like a bolt of lightning. "I... died?" you uttered, the weight of the revelation sinking in.

Foolish's expression softened, understanding the mix of emotions coursing through you. "Not quite... or perhaps, not permanently. You have traversed through time and space, travelling in Limbo for an extraordinary span of 61 days, while in the realm of reality, only 5 years have passed."

'5 YEARS??!!' you looked around you. 'How do I...look the same? What about my family...my friends...' you thought to yourself.

¨*.¸.•*¨'*. ¸ •**•* .•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨'*•.

"H-How do you get out of Limbo?" you asked, looking around.

"Well, there are a few ways. You can either be resurrected by your friends or allies using certain items, or..."

Before Foolish could finish his explanation, your attention was drawn to a figure that appeared before you. It was a man, or at least, it seemed like one. He wore a circular mask adorned with the carvings of the letters X and D. Dirty blonde hair peeked out from under his hood as he hovered in the air, clad in a green cloak. Underneath the cloak, you could see a black and green-colored kimono, while on his head rested two golden halos. Four magnificent white wings graced his back.

DreamXD, you thought to yourself, recognizing the figure as the alternate version of Dream.

Before you could react, DreamXD spoke, his voice carrying an air of mystery and power. "Or strike a deal with me," he said, his words laced with intrigue.

¨*.¸.•*¨'*. ¸ •**•* .•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨'*•.

Taking a deep breath, you continued, "You offered Dream the power to control two realms simultaneously by forcing him to steal all the books from the guardians instead of discussing," you stated firmly, locking eyes with DreamXD.

"Because of what you offered him, the kingdom I once called home was plunged into a devastating war, fueled by Dream's obsession with the power in his hands," you said, your voice filled with a mixture of anger and sorrow.