Extra Chapter

Five years had passed since Legolas and Aria's wedding, and they had settled into a happy life together in the Mirkwood forest. Legolas' father, Thranduil, had grown to accept their union, although he still harbored some reservations about Aria's human heritage.

One sunny afternoon, Legolas found himself in his father's chambers, discussing the latest news from the neighboring kingdoms. As they talked, Legolas couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement bubbling up inside him.

"Father, I have some news," Legolas said, his voice filled with anticipation.

Thranduil raised an eyebrow. "What news?"

"I'm going to be a father," Legolas said, a wide smile spreading across his face.

Thranduil's expression softened at the news. "That is wonderful news, my son. Congratulations."

Legolas felt a sense of relief wash over him. He had been nervous about how his father would react to the news, but he was pleased to see that he was happy for them.

"It's a girl," Legolas added, unable to contain his excitement.

Thranduil's eyes widened. "A girl? That is the first daughter in our line for a long time. Your mother would have been thrilled."

Legolas felt a pang of sadness at the mention of his mother, who had passed away many years ago. But he pushed the thought aside, focusing instead on the joy that his daughter would bring.

"She's due in a few months," Legolas said. "Aria found out she was pregnant a few weeks ago."

Thranduil leaned back in his chair, a smile playing at the corners of his mouth. "How did she find out?"

Legolas chuckled. "She had been feeling sick for a few days, and she thought it was just a stomach bug that wouldn't go away. So she went to the healer. When the healer announced she was pregnant , she couldn't believe it."

Thranduil laughed softly. "It's always a surprise, isn't it? I remember when your mother found out she was pregnant with you. She was over the moon."

Legolas smiled at the memory. "I can't wait to meet her," he said. "Aria and I have been talking about names, but we haven't decided on anything yet."

Thranduil leaned forward, his expression serious. "Legolas, I want you to know that I may have had my reservations about your union with Aria, but I have grown to appreciate her as a person. And I will love my granddaughter with all my heart, just as I love you."

Legolas felt a sense of warmth spread through him at his father's words. He knew that Thranduil had always been a proud and stubborn elf, but he was grateful for his support.

"Thank you, Father," Legolas said, his voice filled with emotion.

Thranduil smiled. "Now, let us toast to the newest member of our family. May she bring joy and light to our lives for many years to come."

They raised their glasses, the chink of crystal ringing out in the quiet room. Legolas felt a sense of contentment settle over him as he sipped his wine, knowing that his daughter would be loved and cherished by all who knew her.

The day of Aria's delivery arrived, and Legolas was a bundle of nerves. He paced back and forth outside the room where his wife was giving birth, his heart pounding in his chest.

Thranduil stood beside him, a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Everything will be fine, my son," he said. "Aria is a strong warrior, and she will give birth to a healthy child."

Legolas nodded, but he couldn't shake the feeling of dread that had settled in his stomach. He had heard stories of difficult deliveries, and he didn't want anything to happen to Aria or their child.