Lighthouse Empire Arc, Episode I

Depuis le début

Robin steps forward. "Am I right in assuming you must know us?"

"Well, of course we do!" Bara confirms.

"I see...News from Fishman Island must have traveled fast." Nami observes.

Bara shakes his head. "Fishman Island? No, we've been following you for much longer than that! You can say we've been fans ever since one of Luffy's first bounties was posted."

"Wow, really?!" Luffy blurts in amazement. 

Bara nods quickly. "Sure! Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy respect between pirates, right?"

Luffy pumps his firsts playfully. "Not at all!"

"Come on, let's head in!" Bara waves his hand and gestures them to follow.

As the crew make their way up into the city, the are amazed to find several bustling sections of villages, with markets, street performers, bars, food stands, and even small domed houses and larger cubical municipal buildings. As far as they could tell, all 5 sections of the city each had a small town stretched out across the top, with a lighthouse situated at each end of the arm. In the middle of the city was a massive water fountain, with tiers that draped down all the way into the sea below. The upper sections housed large gardens and patios stretching high into the air. And in the very center, stood the tallest lighthouse any of them had ever seen, decorated with colorful paint, as if the entire city had a hand in it's artwork 

Luffy, Usopp, Chopper and Brook all take turns staring up at the massive lighthouse, captivated by the layout of the city. Their eyes gleam with excitement. 

"Impressive, huh?" Bara asks them.

Usopp's joy spills over. "I'll say! This might be the craziest place I've ever seen in my life!"

"It's incredible!" Chopper squeaks.

"Fascinating!" Brook chimes in.

Luffy's starry eyes return. "I want to climb the lighthouse!"

Usopp quickly turns to him in anger. "Don't even think about it!"

Bara laughs. "I like your gusto! Well, you can't climb up the side, but that's where we're going. Right to the top!"

"Come on, let's go, let's go!" Luffy exclaims and runs forward.

"Wait Luffy, you don't know the way!" Chopper runs after him.

As the crew amble through the first town, they are surprised to see many of the townspeople gathering around them, suddenly noticing that Luffy and his entire crew are walking through their village. They call out to them with cheers and smiles and friendly waves, welcoming them to their city.

Nami takes notice with a bit of uneasiness. "Gosh, people sure are friendly here."

"Yeah, we've never received a welcome this warm before." Sanji comments.

"Sure we have. That's what makes me uneasy." Zoro interrupts.

Nami looks back at him. "Huh? What do you mean?"

Zoro thinks for a moment. "I'm just saying friendly towns can often be the most dangerous. When people are too happy it makes me uncomfortable. Like they're hiding something."

Sanji sighs. "Oh give me a break, moss for brains. You're just not used to receiving welcomes because you're such a jerk."

"What did you say?!" Zoro's anger spikes. 

Sanji fumes. Their heads butt together. "You heard me! Now stop being so cynical to these sweet people!"

Nami jumps between their vicious faces. "Both of you just chill! We're not going to start a fight 3 seconds after we arrive."