It's stupid, and later I'll realize that, and I'll wonder why I suddenly went into panic mode, but right now I don't even think about that and before I know it, I'm taking her cheeks between my hands and pressing my lips against hers. She gasps, and I wonder if somehow I read the signs wrong but I know I can't have done, she was two seconds away from kissing me, but it still makes me stop.

It still cuts the kiss short, and I still pull away, wide-eyed and wondering if I just overstepped the line I freaking drew because I still haven't talked about us two.

But it seems for her too, coherency has shot straight out the window because when my hands drop back down to my side, my breath hitching in my throat as I take a step back, she's closing the gap between our bodies, placing her hands on my cheeks now and dipping her head until nudging her nose against mine and then bringing our mouths together. I whimper initially, mu chest filling with warmth and buzzing with butterflies and when I manage to kick mu brain into gear, my hands shoot straight to her hips and I kiss her back.

She's the one to make the bolder move, and I sigh because I feel so damn scared, so hesitant that I'm going to somehow fuck this up again that I'm glad she's taking the reigns because I just can't. Her tongue pokes out and slides along the seam of my lips, and I fight back a moan as I part my lips and let her tongue flutter into my mouth, flick against the roof of it and then slip over the tip of mine.

Now, I've kissed this girl a million times. I can remember how it felt to kiss her for the first time, I can remember how it felt to kiss her for the second time in the bar, but none of my previous kisses compare to this because for some reason, this feels the type of kiss I've read about in fairy tales. This feels like the type of kiss I've seen in movies between two characters that have been through such a journey together, that deserves that happy ending.

This feels like the type of kiss that I've always wanted; that I've dreamed about since I was a little girl.

My thoughts are swiftly interrupted when Rosé throws her arms around my neck and pulls me close, and I'm so caught up in slinging my arms low around her waist, my palms pressing against the small of her back to bring her even closer that I don't register that I'm stumbling backward until it's too late. There are just so many damn boxes darted around the floor and I'm way too occupied with Rosé's tongue in my mouth to think about anything else, but when I hit the floor and Rosé lands on top of me, I wish that maybe, I'd looked where I was going.

But then Rosé's laughing as she lies on top of me, her face and giggles muffled against the crook of my neck and my hands begin stroking down her back as I ignore the dull ache in my own one and I really don't mind that much because I'm feeling really fucking happy right now. Somehow I've gone from being overly nervous to ecstatically happy, but I don't even want to question the sudden change in atmosphere because I'm just... well, I'm just fucking elated.

"Ow," I finally groan, and I feel Rosé pick her head up from my neck, her hands come to either side of my head to support her as she looks down at me.

"Sorry," she murmurs sheepishly, but I don't really care that there's a throbbing pain in my lower back because the way her body is pressing down on my front totally makes up for it.

So I just shake your head, rolling my eyes playfully and I tell her it doesn't matter with a scrunch of my nose, and she replies with her own nose wiggle. Except her hips wiggle too, and my eyes widen comically as I become ever aware of the bulge pressing against the inside of my jeans, but she must notice, too, because her eyes turn a shade darker and her lips curve into a small smirk.

Okay, the atmosphere just switched back again.

I open my mouth to say something, to make a comment about it to fill the silence between us but then Rosé's lowering her head, her lips pressing against mine and her body slinking back down over mine as she moves her hands to my hair. My grip tightens on her waist, and I pull her hips down and move mine up to get some type of friction going because I can feel the heat prickling all over my skin, and she giggles against my lips.