Chapter 37 - Back To December

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I don't think I want to in this weather anyways." We continued the games. I lost every time but my competitive nature was not as strong as that of Leah's family.

We went to bed that evening, our stomachs full of food, and our hearts filled with love. It was perfect. One of the best days ever.

The next week, we spent training at home, doing some at-home workouts, and going to the local pitch with our balls. Leah showed me where she first started to play football. Seeing someone's beginnings and their presents always feels surreal. A little girl from Milton Keynes, playing on the football pitches filled with mud and no grass, ended up captain of England. I was always proud of her for that.

"Get in the box, and get your head on this," I said, demandingly, as I set up to practice a corner. I took this very seriously (both sarcastically and not), lining up the corner before taking a few steps back. I put one hand in the air, and run up, kicking it in towards where Leah was pretending to be marked. She did a pop-out, before running back in, to head it behind. We celebrated like it was a real goal, running up to each, and falling to the ground. We didn't care that we landed in the mud (although future me probably would as getting mud stains out of clothing has always been a hatred of mine) but were just content in having fun. I liked having fun with her. I liked being with her.

"You're such a weirdo," I said, as she scrapped a little mud on my nose. I was laying beside her, our hands interlocked.

"But I'm your weirdo," she replied.

"But you're my weirdo," I repeated, leaning over and placing a small kiss on her nose.

It was soon New Year's Eve, and we headed down to London, wanting to experience the whole of London as it awaited the New Year. We went to stand along the Thames, to watch the firework display. Jacob came with us, along with Amanda and Leah's grandma. Although it was busy, we found a good spot, that gave us a clear view to the water, and Tower Bridge.

"After this, bar?" I said, cheekily.

"You want to drink?" she asked. "I thought we were both on a detox."

"For the vibes," I exclaimed. "Not the alcohol." Leah laughed, and as I suggested the bar, I didn't think of the drinks that would be there. I thought more of the fun adventure we may be able to have. I was always down for an adventure.

The firework display was immense, with the Lionesses even getting their own little mention. As soon as I heard the commentary from the Euro final, I turned to Leah. She was smiling as she watched it all play out in front of her, most probably reliving the most incredible moment in her life. I wanted a moment like that. I wanted the Matildas to feel that. The honour. The pride.

As the clock struck midnight, I turned to her. I tucked the piece of her blonde hair behind her ear.

"Happy New Year," I said, smiling at her.

"Happy New Year," she replied, kissing me. I felt the salt on her lips, and the love in her heart. She was perfect. We could be perfect, as long as I didn't ruin anything.

Come January 1st, I posted a few photos on my Instagram. The First was of me, playing in one of the final games of the season against Lyon. The second was of the sunset (basic, I know, but we all need basic photos in a dump). The third was of the busy London streets on New Year's Eve. The fourth was of Leah and the rest of her family playing Monopoly. The fifth was a selfie I took of Leah and me in the mud. The sixth was a cute photo Jacob took of me and Leah as we had our New Year's kiss. The seventh was of me and Steph on the bus, smiling at the camera. The eighth was of me hugging Beth, with Viv beside her, as she was starting rehab in the gym. The ninth was of me on FaceTime with Finn, showing me their new puppy, Fia. And the tenth was a photo of Leah holding my hand, as she drove in the car. It was cute, and natural, and exactly what I loved and wanted.

Tippsjonesy: can we go back to december?

Leahwilliamsonn: lifetime to go

Stephcatley: lots of love! Australia is missing u!!

Bethmead_: love u my tipps

Samanthakerr20: london looks goooooooood on u

Liawalti: cutie pies

The break was soon coming to a close, and as I looked at our upcoming schedule I realized something both good and bad. Our next game would be against the Emirates but against one of our biggest rivals. Against one of my close friends. Chelsea. It would be interesting. 

note:

- nice cute fun chapter for u lot! hope u slay away. any thoughts about what is going to happen? how will all be revealed? will all be revealed? is tippah really the villain in her own story?

- two more assignments n then winter break woo hoo 

- 2 months off... i need it! anyways, live laugh love! 

- also peep chapter title... ;)