Chapter 37 - Back To December

Start from the beginning

"So, you were a Bieber girl?" I asked, turning the We Love Pop magazine towards her.

"Hardly," she said, going red. "He just had some good music."

"Like what? Beauty and the Beat," I laughed.

"I'm surprised you even know of that song, considering I don't think any folky artists condone the Biebs." I threw the magazine at her, playfully, and she looked back towards me. "You are going to regret that." She stood up, coming over to me, before pinning me down. I tried fighting it, and to be honest, I should've been able to beat her, but my laughs counteracted any energy or strength I had.

"Say sorry," Leah demanded, smiling at me. Our faces were only an inch apart. I looked into her eyes, seeing love, hope, a future.

"Um, I'm sor- unfortunately, I don't regret my decision," I said, teasing her. I tried leaning up, wanting to plant a soft kiss on her lips to try to sway her off of me.

"Don't you think a kiss will solve this!" Leah replied, moving away. She soon got off me, but I grabbed after her, planting many kisses on her cheek, forehead, neck, and finally, as I reached her lips, she couldn't help but smile and kiss me back.

The next morning, we woke up and it was Christmas. It was normally a day I dreaded. While Eden was still at home, it was a day when my father was given even more incentive to drink, and no one could say anything. Once she left, it was a day of mourning (not the dead, but the forgotten). And once everyone's lives had evolved, it was the day when I felt most alone, as Finn was with his girlfriend, I was estranged from my sisters, and never liked my mother. I'd often go with Ellie, and be with her family, but now, as I look back on it, I felt more like a burden than a pleasure. I hated feeling like that.

Before we went downstairs, Leah stopped me, pulling me aside before we went outside.

"I got you something." She handed me a gift. "Happy Christmas," she said to me, passing me the small box. As I opened it, a small, dainty ring was inside. It was a gold band, with small diamonds placed inside the side. "It's not, you know, an engagement ring or anything," she said, wanting to make it clear that she was not thinking that far ahead. "But, you know, I saw it in the antique store, in London, and thought- thought you may like it."

I took the ring out of the box, placing it on my middle finger. It slid on perfectly, and I looked at my girl.

"Thank you." I kissed her, with passion and love, wanting her to feel my gratitude.

I went to my bag, pulling out my gift for her too. It was nothing as spectacular as what she got me, but a simple necklace, with a ruby, and white diamond, for Arsenal and also for us. She was the Angel, and maybe I was the devil (although that is up to interpretation).

"I love it," she said, smiling at me. She turned around, wanting me to put it on her, and I did, kissing her cheek afterwards, before pulling her down the stairs, knowing we had to join the family. It was Christmas.

We spent the day eating an amazing Christmas dinner, playing board games, and admiring the cold English weather.

"I have never had a Christmas this cold," I exclaimed.

"Huh?" some of Leah's family members asked.

"I've never had a cold winter, it's always been, you know, hot." Everyone laughed, not understanding the gravity of the weather on an Australian Christmas. "It can get to around 40, on a good one."

"40? Celsius?" Jacob exclaimed.

"Yes, celsius." I laughed at this comment. "I miss the beach."

"Well, I would take you to one, but probably a little too cold," Leah said, holding my hand under the table as we played Monopoly.