Chapter Three

"Why is that?"

"I just think so.."

He had to think about it for a while, "okay, I'll call you once I have the tape."

I felt relieved.

"How do you want me to address you?" He said, standing up.

"Y/n." I pursed my lips.

"Y/n, do you have anywhere else to go today?"

"None, why?.."

"Join me for lunch, I know you won't eat nor head to your house." He said, giving me a small smile that tells me he knows how correct he is.

"You're right, but can I stay and just wait for you perhaps?" He might just have a quick lunch anyways and I don't have the appetite.

"I'd like to, but I have to meet someone after and I won't return then." He smiled a little more.

"Then it's alright, I remembered I have to go somewhere.." I said, standing up.

Lie.

I watched him tap something on his phone before he placed it on his ear. "Check if Mr. Mendez left the building.."

I suddenly observed how proper he is before he placed his phone on his other hand.

He opened the door and gestured for me to go out first.

I stayed on my spot, not knowing where to go. Ah forget about it, I'll just walk around.

I went ahead and he followed me, locking his office.

We both started walking, I lowered my head, feeling embarrassed if someone recognized me crying earlier.

Where do I go, I seriously can't think of one.

Where could Benette even be? Is he really looking for me? I can't even go home.

"I can drop you off to where you plan to stay." He spoke after a while.

"No it's alright, thank you for covering for me earlier." I said as we went inside the elevator.

I've been walking around and I plan to have a rest in the park that's probably two minutes away from my spot.

I feel so numb inside. He could've just asked for a divorce if he didn't love me anymore..

I wanted to cry but I feel like I'm all out of tears and I'm just left with the emptiness..

I looked at the card that's in my hand. His business card. He said I can call him if I need any help.

I sighed.

Fuck him.. hic..

Fuck all hic men!..

I took another shot of this whiskey.

My eyelids feel so heavy now.. oohh, why is everything moving?? Hic

I took my phone and laid his business card on the table as I squinted on it.

I dialed it one by one, repeatedly squinted my eyes on every number.

This should hic be right.

I hear it ringing..

He picked it up! "Hey! Hic let's have a drink here!"

"Y/n? Where are you?" I hear him moving from his bed, haha it's so noisy.

"Heyy, what time is it?" I asked this woman who passed by.

"2:46am"

I waved at her, smiling as she walked away. "Nevermind hic, you're asleep." I slurred on the phone.

"Where are you?"

"In a place with a roof, you?"

"I'll drink with you, where are you?"

"Woahhh, you're handsome.." I waved at this man that's almost just like a real poster in front of me.

"Y/n, can you lend your phone to anyone there, I just need to talk to anyone capable of answering."

"Hey I am able.."

"You are." He agreed to it.

"Good..hic"

"Y/n?"

"Mhmm?" I laid my head on this table, closed my eyes..

"Y/n."

I slowly tried to open my eyes, disturbed in my sleep.

"Y/n, can you stay awake and change clothes?" I hear.

"H-How dare you.. you.. why.."

Jungkook's POV

I ended the call only to ring her this time, hoping someone might pick it up for her.

I kept calling then I heard her phone pick my call.

Someone answered, I asked the address and hurriedly drove to where it was.

I found her asleep in a painful position.

"Oh, thank goodness you arrived here young man, she wouldn't wake up." The woman who I talked to through the phone was standing beside her.

"Thank you for answering the call." I said as I carefully tried to sit her up. I looked at her face and she's really drunk.

"Did she pay for her drinks, Ma'am?" She smiled and nodded. "She did, she somehow seemed troubled, I see her crying from time to time.."

"Take care of her, it looks like she needs company." She pats my shoulder then walks away.

I thought Benette was damn smart.

I took her phone that's on the table and placed it in my pocket.

I crouched down to her level as I slid my arms each on her back and under her legs to just scoop her up easily.

I lifted her up and brought her to my car.

I placed her down on the passenger seat and did her seatbelt.

I closed her door then I got inside. I can see just how much she cried even without the woman telling me.

I went upstairs carrying her and she looked so peaceful asleep.

How did Benette manage to keep her to be honest?

I carefully sat her down on my bed. I see her eyes trying to open but couldn't.

"Y/n, can you stay awake and change clothes?" I said as I held her arms, letting her body from falling straight on the bed.

"H-How dare you.. you.. why.." her eyes are weeping again.

She thinks I'm Benette.

I wouldn't want to disturb her but she needs to change, the scent of whiskey is strong on her and her dress is soiled.

I have no trouble having her make the bed smell like whiskey, but I know she's uncomfortable with her dress..

"Y/n, I need you to stay awake for a few minutes.." I lightly tapped her cheek but her head just fell forward.

"Mmm!" She ended up grunting at me.

Countenance [+18]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें