i snapped out of my thoughts when i heard my wife calling me for dinner.

I had to put it out of my mind.

I enter the dining room and pause in the doorway as I see my younger sons assist their mother in setting the table and my older sons sit at the table talking, most likely about business, while my wife scolds them for doing so. the scene brings a smile on my face.

I walked into the room, took a seat, and sat down with only one thought: no matter what has happened or will happen, my family and I will face it all together.

I sighed when my phone rang during dinner. who is currently calling me. I answered the call without looking at who it was, put it on speaker, and kept eating while I waited for the caller to begin. "Hello, is this Mr. Morelli?" On the other side, someone questioned.

Yes, I said haltingly.

The phone was the center of interest at this point.

the person on the other side said, "Hello sir, I am officer Rowan from Denver police station calling in relation to your daughter who is now in-" he stopped short.

"You have the wrong person; I don't have a daughter" i said coldly.

 "Are you Mr. Armani Morelli, then? He inquired uncomfortably, perhaps in response to my icy tone.

"I am, absolutely, but I don't have a daughter,"i answered confused by the topic of this conversation. How can i have a daughter .

By this time, everyone was staring at me intently.

He added, "I'm sorry sir, but we did a dna test on her and her dna matches you and Mrs. Morelli. Her birth certificate also has your and your wife's name on it"

My wife asked while maintaining a straight face, "How old is the kid," but I could tell she was perplexed as well.

"Her name is Enisha, and she is about 3 years, 7 months, or 8 months old."

We both went cold. How is that possible? We had long considered giving our daughter that name.With her age, there is only one possibility if she is indeed my daughter.My son was never born.I had a daughter and she is alive.

My sons' horrified expressions caught my attention as I looked up and realised what this might imply.

I asked, attempting to remain cool and determine whether what was happening was real, "did the kid tell you that she is our daughter."

"No sir, she didn't know the surname; she only told us the names that someone she trusts had informed her. If you'd like to be certain, sir, you can do your own DNA test. She doesn't appear to have any legal guardians at the present, so if you won't take on guardianship, we'll send her to foster care once she's recovered she currently really needs someone so if you can please take her in" he replied.

I was so focused on the possibility of having a daughter, my princess, at the time. But after that, his words "after she is recovered" lingered in my head. Is my daughter hurt?

"Where is she?" I questioned with fear in my voice, "Is there something wrong with her?

"She is at Penrose Hospital, she had an .......accident, and there is something about her past that I am unable to share with you while  on call. I'll tell you everything I know when you get here if you decide to take her," he said.

i hope she is okay.It takes four hours to reach Colorado. My wife, who was crying, was probably thinking the same thing when I looked up, but my sons were still in shock over the unexpected realisation that they might have a sister. But I can assure you that they are all eager to see this girl.

 I told the officer, "We'll be there in six hours."

"Okay sir, but since you can't see her till 7 in the morning, you'll have to overnight at a hotel. I'll meet you at the hospital at 7 " he added. 

After I responded "okay," he hung up the phone.

My oldest kid asked, "dad what if it's not true, just a scam," jolting everyone out of their thoughts.

I groaned, "I really hope it's true, but if it's not, the offender will face punishment worse than death. But unless we see her, we won't know. Since we are unsure of how long we will have to stay there, those who want to go, pack atleast two weeks worth of your belongings

As soon as I was done, all of my sons departed the dining room, completely forgetting  the food.

I turned to face my wife, who appeared to be thinking.

She murmured, "we might have a daughter," not really believing what she was saying.

Hell, even I had trouble believing what had just occurred, but if it were real, it would imply that I had not lost my child and that the youngster on the video from two years prior was not ours.

We headed to our room to pack for the trip with this thought  in mind.

All I could think was, "Please let this be true, please," thinking that this must be my daughter. I'm sure my wife and sons felt the same way.

I told our pilot to prepare the plane when I spoke with him. We all gathered in the living room after quickly packing our belongings before heading to the airport. However, none of us spoke anything on the way to the airport as we were all preoccupied with our own ideas about various possibilities.

thinking about the same person.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope you guys are enjoying the story

let me know what you think about the story till now.

see you in the next update

love you all <3

have a great day!!!