∣ 004; d e a d a l i e n

. *. ⋆

"I'm trying, but these lazy ass owners decided to paint over the window-- I can't open it!"

"Damn it!"

Athena continued to pick at the paint with her nails before looking at the others, "If you want to live, I suggest you get up here and fucking help me!"

"Right--"

The four other teens jumped onto the counter with her, their hands scraping at the old, crumbling paint.

As they did that, Athena took hold of the top of the window, pulling on it-- much to their luck, it had cracked open a bit.

Upon seeing this, Gabriel had put his hands right where Athena's were, pushing up against the window as well.

And luck seemed to be in their favor at the moment because the window screeched open, allowing the five of them to crawl out of it and hop onto the wooden deck below.

"Shit-- let's go!" Dariush whispered. "C'mon, let's go!"

Alex had rested against the wooden wall for a quick second, which was the wrong thing to do because the alien's hand burst through the wall, trying to grab at Alex-- he screamed, and ZhenZhen grabbed his hand, tugging him along with her.

Dariush, Gabriel, and Athena had run in the opposite direction and down the stairs-- then, Gabriel dropped to his knees, climbing underneath the stairs.

"What are you doing?" Dariush asked.

"Come on!"

Dariush climbed in after Gabriel, and when Athena bent down to see if she could fit in, she came to the cold realization that there was not enough room. If anything, that space would only be able to hold one person-- not three.

So, Athena stood but was stopped when Gabriel gripped her ankle.

"Where are you going?"

"To find another hiding place-- there's no room--!"

"Fine by me," Dariush said.

"Who cares! You can lay on us if you need to-- if you stay out there, you'll die--!"

"It's fine--" Athena said, shaking her head. "I'll find a place to hide-- "

Then, she whipped her head up towards the sound as the monster screeched loudly and came into view.

"Oh, fuck--"

Not another second was wasted as Athena bolted away from the two boys, ignoring Gabriel's protests-- behind her, she could hear the alien shrieking, though she was pretty sure it hadn't spotted her yet-- at least she hoped it hadn't.

Just as she looked behind to see where the alien was, she slammed into a solid figure.

"Conrad?"

He mumbled something incoherent, stumbling towards the outhouses.

"No-- no, wait!"

Athena hurried towards him, grabbing his arm and pulling him back.

"You need to hide-- aliens are attacking the camp-- they have been trying to kill me-- they are looking for me and a few others right now-- you need to hide!"

"Huh?"

"Oh, my God! Fucking hide! You need to; please-- "

She then looked around and realized that the alien was nowhere in sight.

That couldn't be a good sign-- it was just here.

"Go-- right now-- find somewhere to hide-- they will kill you--!"