"You'll be fine!!"

1800+ words for the first chapter. Fairly decent. Well hope you enjoy and want more! Also who do ya'll want Nate to get with or flirt w more. Hailee or Jenna?

Narrator POV:

Nathan, Nate for short, wasn't particularly healthy, he was quite obese and average height. He was bullied from 5th grade to 7th. 8th grade he was out the whole year doing homeschool. He also got a personal trainer to lose fat, so for the whole of 8th grade he was working a lot. People seen him sometimes out of school but he would turn away. People were videoing him and he had a phone but he was too scared for social media. Well. Let's cut to the present, beginning of 9th grade his mum put him back into public school bc she was running out of money and Nathan. Was changed. But still had the same mentality, still nervous around people. Especially females, but his dad. Taught him to be confident. So not as much. Well anyway. Present day. Beginning of 2nd week of freshman year.
(He skipped the first with a sickness)

Nathan's POV:

"You'll be fine Nathan! Trust me!" My mom said trying to encourage me.

"I might be. Have you told the school I'm coming back?" I say.

"Obviously dummy! The teachers are ready and announced it to the students last week. You'll be fine. Now get in the car and dad will drive you." My mother said pushing me away.

"Oh god.." I say walking to the car not ready for the day ahead but I remembered to just keep my head up.

"Son. Your strong now. Your buff like your old man! How about you try out for the football team?" My dad says.

"I only played with my trainer. I'm not that good." You say.

"Your a great catcher! You'll be fine!" My dad says before driving to school. When I was there I exhaled heavily and got out the car picking up my bag and walking to the doors into the school. Forgetting to say goodbye to my dad so I texted him. I walked in and started walking down the halls. Stares immediately struck to me, people gossiping about me. I had to be confident. Then I seen my old friend. Krystian. Krystian Farmer.

"HOLY SHIT BRO!" Krystian shouted at me holding his hand out for a dap.
"LOOK AT YOU!" He shouts again.
"All right keep the voice down don't want any more stares." I say dapping him.
He then turns it into a bro hug.
"Bro stop being so suspicious and shit. Show me the real you. What happened to the guy at my birthday party who ate all the food and chased me around." Krystian said bringing back good memories.
"Yeah bro. I've missed you." I say looking to him in the eyes.
"Missed you too bro." He says before he gives me a tour.
We Evantually made it to my first class of the day. Krystian walked off as I walked in a tinsy bit late because of Krystian's overflowing chatter.
"Oh. Here he is. Nathan Jones. I think some of you may remember him!"
(I'm not sure if u have the same teacher I'm not from the US so if I get stuff wrong or something then yeah sorry)
I just nodded and sat in a empty spot. A girl was staring at me, well everyone was. But this one in particular was looking into my soul.
"Remember me Nathan." She says.
I immediately recognise her voice it's changed but I know. It's Jenna. The one who embarrassed me infront of the whole school in 6th grade.
"How could I not." I reply not turning to her.
"Lemme get a good look at your face. Turn to me." Jenna says.
I slowly turn and she smiles.
"You've changed a lot ain't you. I'm shocked. Did you have to get loose skin surgery or something?" She says chuckling and you chuckle aswell.
"Old you would of cried." Jenna says.
"Wanna be friends..?" I  ask her.
"Sure! Have you got Snapchat? Or tiktok. I'll follow you and add you." She says.
"I'll have to make a Snapchat. I have a tiktok I don't post so yeah." I  say.
After getting to know each other on the walk to history she was helping you make an account and make a bitmoji. She was ur first add.
"Remember when I stuck my gum in your hair." Jenna says out of the blue.
"Yeah I do. I couldn't get it out." You say.
"Your awfully short." I say looking down at her.
She goes a bit red and walks off going into class you following behind her.

I sat down across the room from her in the corner against the wall. Krystian was infront of you with a girl to his right who he was trying to speak to. I just ignored them and realised your phone was blowing up. Turns out Jenna put your snap on her story and told everyone to add you. I put it on silent after seeing the 20+ added you from mention and just carried on with the class. You noticed the girl giving stares at you and passed you a note.
It said.
'Add me back. You ain't so popular then you think.'
I wrote on it.
'I'm not getting my phone out in class. I'll think about it.' You pass it back to her and she just gives you a 'fr?' Stare. I went on with my day. At recess I  was just walking around the halls trying to memorise my past classes and future classes. Then my old bully found me.
"Just cuz your all tough now still doesn't mean I'm not going to pick on you." He says pushing me. After all the years. I've  savoured this moment, In my dreams. His face unprotected, wide open, a clean hook would seal the deal, right under the eye socket. I could finally get my revenge. Without thinking about it I threw a hook at him, he almost fell holding his cheek.
"You fucking bitch." He says before going to swing before the gym teacher gets involved.
"Nate! My office." He says as I slowly follow behind him. All I'm thinking about is how much trouble I'm in. My dad and mom would be angry.
"Fuck fuck.." Repeats in my head.

I was now in his office looking around not really knowing what to do. Never really been in a office other than for reporting bullying and abuse with my parents.
"Right. Im gonna let you off because it's your first day. I heard from one of my students you two have history. Not gonna mention it to the principal or any other teacher. No detention. But if any of that happens again. It will be a weeks worth of detention in my office. You understand? Your dismissed. Also you play football?" He finishes his long statement.

"Uh. A bit with my trainer yeah. But I'm not the best." I say shrugging.
"Show up for practice have a go. I'll ring your parents okay?" He says smiling.
"Sure okay. Thanks sir for letting me off." I say smiling back.
"Also congrats on the fat loss. In my class all people were talking about was how much you've changed. Right bye now I have papers to check." He finally says and then I nod at him walking out going back to trying to memorise my classes.

I turned the corner and bumped into a girl. I immediately went red and panicked. It was that girl from class.
"Watch where your going- oh it's you." She says.
"Im so sorry. I didn't mean to-" I begin before being interrupted.
"It's okay. Don't worry about it. Now. I wanna see you add me back." She says crossing her arms.
"Uh okay.." I say as you get your phone out and add everyone back along with her.
"Jenna's pinned? Ooooo. Probably what your gonna do to her." She says laughing.
"What- no. I wouldn't!" I say getting a bit embarrassed. This girl was kinda annoying. Not as much as Jenna. Well there both fine. But irritating for some reason.
"Hailee by the way. I already know your name so don't say it, it just makes it awkward." Hailee says smiling.
"Well it's nice to meet you Hailee." I say holding my hand out and shaking hers. She began to follow me and to help me memorise my classes. Well it was at the end of the day. I was heading to football practice and Jenna grabbed me by the arm.
"Where you going? I swear you walk?" She says.
"Well yeah I get dropped off then walk but I have football practice. So bye." I says
"Oh. Well bye then. I'll text you after okay?"
"Sure." I say walking away towards the changing rooms and sir just gave me spare stuff that stank so I sprayed it. Well I was playing decent before my bully was on the other team, he wanted to get revenge on me. I was running down the right flank, ball approaching hands ready. Mouth guard in. My dad packed me one. Like he can read the future. Anyway! I was about to catch the ball and I did before being tackled by my bully, aka, Jacob. It hurt like hell and I was winded. Sir ran over so did the team as I was on the floor trying to breathe. I took my helmet off and my mouth guard was taken out as I tried to catch my breath holding my rib.
"You okay Nate!" Sir shouted.
"Y-yeah..." I say putting my mouth guard in but staying on the floor.
"Think you can carry on?"
"Yeah I'll be fine." You say after getting up after catching your breath and carrying on. Jacob continued to destroy you. Tackle after tackle. He was one of the best DT's in the state. After a while you sat out after your rib was killing you and it was getting harder and harder to breathe and keep up. After football practice my dad picked me up and it wasn't that bad for the first day. I was planning on going to the next but I had training so I went to that and arrived home at 6:20pm. I then hopped on my pc and played some games before chilling on my phone texting jenna. I was about to go sleep before I was called by Hailee.
"Heard you got smashed at football practice." She said right as I answered.
"Well yeah I was facing a really good player." I say defending myself.
"I was joking calm down. Well what you up to Nate."
"I was about to go sleep before I was rudely interrupted." I say.
"Chill. What's up with you. Well I was just checking up on you. Speak with you tomorrow? Bye Nate." She says before ending and I finally get some sleep after a tiring day at school.