What now?

Nezu by all means knew he wasn't parent material and he knew under any circumstances he would never ever take care of a normal child. Yet, here he is, in his office, a young girl in his arms as she colors at his desk.

The poor chimera was completely lost as to what to do. He couldn't take care of kid! He doesn't understand human emotions enough for that. Yes, he can take care of Izuku but I think by now we all know Izuku is not a normal child.

"Mr Nezu?" Eri asks softly, looking up at him with her sweet innocent eyes.

"Yes Eri?" The chimera replied, unsure of what she was going to ask.

"Is Izu nii gonna be okay?.. He said we'd leave together b- but-"

Nezu gently patted her head with his paw. "He's strong Eri, he'll be okay, I just know it. You'll get to see him soon I'm sure."

"Do you know where he is?" She asks softly, worried about asking the wrong things.

Nezu sighs, gently shaking his head. "I'm afraid not... Did Izuku tell you anything? Like if he had a plan or someone you two could stay with?"

Eri's eyes immediately lit up. "Mhms!!! He snuck into my room one night and s- said his brother and his dog were gonna get us out!!" The young girl giggles softly. "He told me his brother was kinda scary but that as long as he told him not too he wouldn't hurt me! And Izu nii is sweet so I know his brother must be too!"

"His brother? I didn't know he has a brother? Also why would a dog be helping in that case?"

"Did he give you his brother's name? Do you know what he looks like?"

Eri shakes her head. "No... I don't think so? I know he called him Ten! But I think that's just a nickname. Izu nii didn't give any descriptions either... He said it was for the best."

"So Izuku's brother is possibly dangerous? Great." Nezu sighs, shaking his head. "Thank you Eri. Do you think that's where Izu is now? With his brother?"

Eri nods excitedly. "Mhms!!! He told me that his brothers babysitter was gonna pick us up in a really cool portal!! I was super excited!" Her excited tone shifts. "But.. now Izu nii is all alone there... Possibly with scary people! Are you gonna help him Mr Nezu?"

Nezu heart melts at the positively soft look on the girls face. "Of course I will... So will everyone else.... Nothing bad is gonna happen is Izuku I promise..."

(With Izuku...)

Shigaraki and Dabi had spent hours trying to calm down Izuku. The poor boy was an absolute disaster. It took them an hour to get the boy to stop sobbing then another hour to get him to stop wearing holes in the floor from his pacing. He had to of paced that singular hallway at least a thousand times! If not more! He paced so much his footprints could be seen in the floor!

After the pair had gotten him to stop pacing they unfortunately told him they had to heal him which only resulted in a very very violent outburst. One he hadn't had in ages. Izuku had even given Dabi a concussion after the scarred male tried to hold him. Despite this they both were still very gentle and almost docile in nature, even though Shigaraki was getting annoyed.

The pair had given up after another hour of this, the poor boy wouldn't calm down and they needed to get him fixed up. So, they did the only logical thing, have Kurogiri give him a sedative.

(which in reality is not a very smart thing)

Izuku refused to leave his room for a whole week after that incident, which brings us to where we are now.

"Izuku, please, come out."

"No!" The boys answer didn't come out in a firm way more so an anxious one.

"I promise, we won't do that again, please?" Shigaraki tried again, leaning against his door.

"No!" The boys answer remained the same.

Shigaraki growled quietly under his breath. "Izuku fucking Midoryia! If you don't open this fucking door I'm going to fucking dust it!!!"

Shigaraki frowns as he hears a whine coming from inside. "Fuck.." He sighs, gently leaning against the door. "I'm sorry Izu, please, don't cry." He could hear the boys soft sobs coming from inside, no doubt having been caused by his yelling.

They all knew how sensitive the boy was right now, they all had rules they needed to follow yet he broke one of the most important ones. The number one rule, never yell at him. No matter what.

"Izu? Please? I'm sorry sweetheart, I'm just worried about you... You haven't come out in days... You need food, you can't keep living off of whatever snacks you've stolen from the kitchen at ungodly hours." He tried his best to keep his voice calm and soft but he was growing more worried by the second.

No one could get in as Izuku had messed with the doorknob, probably out of paranoia. "If you come out we can try to get Eri back?"

Immediately after that was said Shigaraki heard a click, sighing happily he carefully and slowly opened the door. "Izu?"

As soon as the door was open fully Izuku ran into his arms, hugging the man so tightly that Shigaraki thought Izuku had broken one of his ribs.

"Hey... There's my sweet boy. Hi.." He holds Izuku close, not daring to run fingers through his hair or to rub his back. "Sshhh... It's okay.." Shigaraki was upset as there wasn't much he could do to help the boy out now. He'd learned over the past week that Izuku was not found of touch anymore unless he initiated it himself.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" The villain asks, holding Izuku closer but not tightly.

Izuku shakes his head, holding onto Shigaraki for dear life. "I w- wan- na g- get h- her b- back..."

Shigaraki sighs softly, gently nodding. "I know brother... I know... I promise, you'll see her again some day..  but first we've gotta focus on getting you better okay? Then maybe once you've improved you could go on out on patrol?"

Izuku nods eagerly at that. He knew he'd have an extremely long way to go before then but he knew it would be worth it.