"Go away." Dabi shooed the blonde away before he focused his gaze on you again. "Sorry about that; she is one of my friends that I invited." He apologized before letting you into his apartment.

You both walked through a hallway before reaching the living room, which lies at the end of the hallway to the right. From there, you saw a few people, whom you assumed were his friends, playing some card games while drinking.

"These are my friends; I also work alongside them, but don't worry too much about them." Dabi mentioned, stopping in the living area.

"Hey, that is rude." A guy wearing a gray mask with white sockets commented, while the lower half of the mask was black.

"Oi, Dabi! Let us know who the girl is, would you? She looks so cute." Another person mentioned, this time it was the blonde you met at the entrance.

"Don't mind them," Dabi sighed as he looked at his friends with his lidded eyes, wondering why he had invited them over again.

"It's pretty lively here," you commented, followed by a smile.

"Come on, let me get you something to drink." Dabi led you to the kitchen before turning around. "Did you want a beer or..."

"I actually don't drink, so anything other than alcohol would be fine." You answered as you scanned the kitchen you were in. It didn't seem too bad for someone who was living alone, especially for a guy. Everything was neat and organized.

"So, what made you move here?" You asked, striking up a conversation with your neighbor.

"It was closer to work, and it seems like a plus knowing you're my neighbor." He smirked at you as he handed you a cup of juice, and immediately, your cheeks turned a shade of pink.

You quickly looked away, hoping he wouldn't see how flustered you were as your heart skipped a beat. You didn't know what was happening or why your heart even skipped a beat. Even so, you clear your throat before saying, "I see."

"What about you?" He asked, leaning against the kitchen counter as he stared at you.

"Well, it seems like a beautiful place to live, and plus, they've got one of the best pastries in Japan." You answered, smiling at him as you went on to promote the bakery you work at. "Suzuki's Bakeshop is pretty good. You should come by, and I'll give you a discount."

"Is that where you work?" He raised a brow at you.

"Yeah, it doesn't sound fun, but to me, it's a cool job since I get to eat as much pastry as I want." You answered, and just thinking about the amazing pastry was enough to make you drool.

"Well, I guess I'll definitely have to come by then." He smiled at you, and for a second, you thought you saw someone else within him.

A split image of that certain man you used to love appeared in your mind, but you pushed it away. Your steady pulse was now increasing, ringing as loudly as it could in your ear, and for that moment, you didn't want to tear your eyes away from him.

𝘏𝘦'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘛𝘰𝘶𝘺𝘢.

"Well, you don't have to. I'm only promoting the shop." You said once that you snapped out of your thoughts and bit your bottom lip.

That evening went by like usual, except this time you weren't by yourself in your little home with nothing to do. You got to know Dabi's friends a little more, and they turned out to be some of the best people you know. They were so carefree and easy-going, except for the pale blue-haired man who would stare at you every now and then.

"Bye bye, I hope we get to hang out more." The girl you managed to become friends with, Toga, waved at you with a smile.

"See you around." You smiled before turning around and walking back into your empty home.

The moment you left, everyone perked their heads up and looked at one another until someone decided to speak up.

"Oi, Dabi."

"What do you want?" Dabi asked, looking at the pale blue-haired man with his lidded eyes.

"You know she is the brat of that company, right? It is dangerous to be around—"

"Don't worry. I know what I'm doing."

‧₊˚✩彡𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟‧₊˚✩彡๋ ࣭ ⭑๋ ࣭ ⭑⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙
....

⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙