CHAPTER THIRTEEN, breaking dad

Start from the beginning

"Cherry," Mr. Begbouday said, handing her exam to her. "Here's your exam. You got a 100%-"

"Oh!" Cherry happily exclaimed.

"Of the answers wrong." Mr. Begbouday continued.

Cherry frowns. "Oh."

"Miss Thunderman, B." Mr. Begbouday spoke, handing Phoebe her exam.

Phoebe stares at her exam in disbelief as Cherry stands, raising her hand. "Back up, Big Booty. Phoebe is the best student in this class. She studies hard and gets As. It's her thing."

"Cherry, calm down." Phoebe reassures her. "But she's right; it's my thing." After getting a look from the teacher, Phoebe sits back down. "Sir." 

"Max, what is that?" Mr. Begbouday questioned, laying Max's exam in front of him at the table. 

"This? Just a simple machine I made, Mr. Begbouday." Max replied.

"Oh, like the simple jalapeno toilet paper you made last week?" Mr. Begbouday raises his eyebrows at Max. Max nods and grins in response. "I'll lock it in the cabinet so no 'bouday' gets hurt." Max frowned as Mr. Begbouday took his device and carried it away. 

Phoebe gets up to follow the teacher, forcing a laugh. "I give that joke an A. Speaking of As, uh, shouldn't I have gotten one? I don't think I got anything wrong."

"You didn't, but I dont' give As..." Mr. Begbouday explains. "To anyone, ever. It's my thing." Phoebe walked back to the table with a sigh.

"Phoebe, looks like we've got a big Big Booty problem." Max said to his sister.

"It's Begbouday!" Mr. Begbouday corrected. He stood near his desk and as he turned to walk to his cabinet, he knocked off the lamp on his dance. 

As Millie snickers again, the twins exchange a glance and whispers to each other, "Is it?"

****

The next day at school she was in the hallway with Max. He was wearing this red and yellow outfit that would help him blend in with the lockers. He had explained to her that he was going to get his power booster back. 

"This is never gonna work." Millie shook her head as she followed him to the science classroom.

"Trust me, Mills. It'll work." Max reassures her. They both walk to the science classroom to find Phoebe standing at the door, watching her and Max's dad talk with Mr. Begbouday. "What are you doing here?" He asked her.

"Dad's having his parent-teacher conference with Mr. Begbouday." Phoebe responds. She turns to face him and Millie, furrowing her eyebrows when she saw Max's outfit. Then she gasps and smiles with amusement. "Ooh, how was your interview at clown college?"

Millie covers her mouth to stifle a laugh, shrugging her shoulders when Max sent her a small glare. Max rolls his eyes at Phoebe, shaking his head. "This is my camouflage outfit. I've got to get back in there and get my power booster back."

Phoebe sighs, glancing back into the classroom and noticing Mr. Begbouday was walking towards the door. "Good luck, 'cause he's coming."

Max pulls his hood up and zips his outfit all the way up so it was covering his face as he backed up against the locker. Millie had to admit that was good a camouflage outfit. Phoebe glances at him in surprise. "Sorry I doubted your plan." 

When Mr. Begbouday walked into the hallway, Phoebe and Millie pretends to have a conversation so he wouldn't get suspicious. They glance at the classroom when Principal Bradford walks out. "Well, turns out Mr. Begbouday has hit bottom and is tired of turning the other cheek." He laughs, stopping when the girls sent him a look. "The point is, he quit."