CHAPTER SIX, crime after crime

After getting ready for the day, Millie walked downstairs to the kitchen where her dad, Dave, was looking at his laptop and drinking coffee

After getting ready for the day, Millie walked downstairs to the kitchen where her dad, Dave, was looking at his laptop and drinking coffee. Even though Dave worked at home she didn't get to see him much since he spent most of the time in his lab. There were times when he was able to spend some time with her when he had to work, but it was only a couple hours or sometimes only minutes. He does have days off of work and today was one of those days. She loved the days he got off work because she got to spend more time with him. 

"Mornin', honey." Dave greeted his daughter after taking a sip out of his coffee mug that read 'number one dad'. "You're up late this morning."

Millie smiles. "Morning, dad." She made her way over to the plate of bacon she saw on the counter and picks up two pieces. "And yeah, stayed up a little later working on my assignment for class." She lied and started eating her pieces of bacon.

"So I was looking at the homeowners association blog and it said that a pesky neighborhood vandal struck again." Dave informed her, setting down the coffee mug.

"Yeah," Millie nods, taking a bite of the bacon as she leans on the counter, standing across from where her dad sat at the same counter. "I saw that. I think it said the neighborhood vandal stole chickens from a backyard chicken coop."

"That's correct." Dave speaks as Millie finishes eating the pieces of bacon she had. He sighs, shaking his head. "You'd think that someone would do something about that vandal by now." The father-daughter duo shared a confused look when they suddenly heard a chicken outside.

"You heard that too, right?" Millie questioned and after her dad nodded in response, they both went over to their back door to go outside to check it out. They were surprised to see chickens in the Thunderman's backyard. When Millie noticed the family was outside as well, she saw it seemed like the Thundermans were just as surprised as they were. 

Millie walks over to the fence, crossing her arms and resting them on top of the fence. "Since when did you guys start a farm?" She joked while her father joined her at the fence.

"Cool! We live on a farm!" Billy cheered.

Millie chuckles. "I was just joking, Billy."

Max looks at her with a smile. "Hey, Mills." 

Millie waves at him and returns the smile. "Hi, Max."

"The vandal put the stolen chickens in our yard." Phoebe said, looking at the chickens in the yard with wide eyes.

"I'm glad it's your yard and not our yard." Dave mumbled, crossing his arms. Millie giggled quietly, looking at him with amusement.

"Alright, Thundermans, chicken round up." Hank clicks his tongue and begins walking behind the group of chickens, trying his best to round them up. His attempt of rounding up the chickens caused everyone to start laughing. Hank manages to get the chickens off the driveway and now they were near the house. Hank looks at everyone with an annoyed expression. "Stop laughing. This isn't funny."