CHAPTER EIGHT, thundersense

This morning Millie's dad was already working, but he left her a note on the table and told her that they would have some training after school

This morning Millie's dad was already working, but he left her a note on the table and told her that they would have some training after school. Millie still had to learn about her powers such as how to control them and what other abilities her powers could have. Despite having good control of her powers, there are a few times she loses control of them which is why she needs to keep training/practicing. 

Last night, Phoebe had facetimed Millie, excitedly rambling about how she finally got her Thundersense. Thundersense was a power the Thunderman family got and it's when you can sense danger happening. Phoebe also added that her brother didn't get the Thundersense power. Millie thought it was so cool that Phoebe got her Thundersense although she felt bad for Max. She had a feeling he would eventually get it.

At school the next day, Millie was talking with Cherry in the hallway when Phoebe walked over to them. "Oh, hey, Cherry. Hey, Millie." Phoebe greeted.

The other two girls smile at her. "Hey, Pheebs." Cherry replies.  She points at Phoebe, narrowing her eyes. "You-Something's different about you."

"Maybe it's the spring in my step that I'm capable of doing great things." Phoebe suggested and Millie chuckled. 

"No," Cherry grimaces, picking up the bottom of Phoebe's shirt and shows the tag to Phoebe. "I think it's that your shirt's inside out."

Phoebe glances at the tag with surprise. Max walks around the corner, looking at Phoebe with amusement. Millie assumed he overheard the conversation because he then whispers to Phoebe, "Guess you didn't sense that, did ya?"

Phoebe rolls her eyes. "Thundersense detects anger, not inside-out shirts," She looks at him with annoyance. "Or brothers who forgot to brush their teeth."

Max glares at her. "Nyah." Phoebe glared back at him and the siblings go back and forth with mocking each other for a few more seconds until they gave up. Max walked away, checking his breath as he walked.

Millie glances at the stairs when the sound of metal falling down the steps is heard. Her eyes widen and her mouth formed into an 'o' shape out of shock. She was worried upon seeing the food cart from the cafeteria the lunch lady was bringing up the stairs (why she was doing that? millie had no clue) was heading straight towards where a blonde-haired girl had dropped her books.

Phoebe turns around when she first heard the cart falling. Her Thundersense kicked in and she was quick to rush forward to push the girl out of the way before the cart could run into her. Millie smiled with relief, glad that Phoebe got the girl out of the way in time. She clapped along with everyone else who were cheering for Phoebe for the heroic thing she just did.

As Phoebe helps the girl stand, Cherry exclaims with surprise, "Phoebe saved her!" 

The lunch lady walks down the stairs, smiling widely at Phoebe. "She is hero!"

"It's almost like you knew it was gonna happen." Tyler commented.

"Yeah." Phoebe laughs nervously. "Almost."