Chapter 7- Freedom

Naruto and Kurama walked alone through the forest. Kurama was still in his chibi form and laid on top of Narutos head. Naruto eventually made his way to a small little creek, and sat down on the bank with his feet in the water.

He picked up Kurama and set him on the ground next to him.

  Are you ready to talk Kurama?

The demon fox nodded his head and sat down on his haunches.

Naruto muttered to himself.

  Good

Naruto then brought a finger to his forehead and regained his initial form.

His red hair shortened back to its original, shorter length, and changed from red back to white.

He grew a few inches, and lost most of his muscle mass as he visibly aged.

While he had appeared as a fit and healthy man in his late 30s before, he now looked like more like a tired old man.

Kurama watched the transformation happen before him, and was concerned by the lack of energy fluctuations that should have accompanied such a momentous change.

Naruto looked Kurama in the eye and asked.

  As long as it doesnt involve my past, I will answer anything and everything you want to know with complete honesty, so what do you want to know?

Kurama spoke without moving his mouth, his deep voice resounding within Narutos head.

  How do you know this ones name?

Naruto thought for a second.

  Your father told me.

Kurama froze.

  Youve met Hagoromo, where is he?

  Im sorry, I dont know where he is, but he did ask me to look after you and your siblings.

  How can I believe you?

Naruto shook his head.

  I dont know. Id have trouble trusting me too.

The demon fox sat quietly for a couple seconds before asking another question.

  Did you mean what you said about the Bijuu to that cursed couple?

  Every single word.

  You wish to actually remove the harness of the shinobi from the Bijuu.

  Yes.

Kurama laughed in his face.

  Foolish Human! Are you not scared we will destroy the world?

  Nope.

Kurama wasnt expecting such a straight answer.

  I am a being of Pure Malice, Rage, and

Naruto burst out laughing in Kuramas face. Naruto actually started rolling around on the forest floor, laughing so hard he was grasping his stomach.

Kurama was none too happy.

  Oi, oi, OI, OI, STOP LAUGHING! WHATS SO FUNNY?!

  I AM THE NINE TAILED FOX, THE GREATEST OF THE BIJUU!

  YOU DARE TO LAUGH AT ME?!

Sadly for the fox, every line only made Naruto laugh harder. Tears were rolling down his face, and Naruto was having trouble composing himself. He reached up with a hand to wipe the tears from his face.