Chapter Three

"Do you know how to do this?" Carl asked as V got up, taking my sweatshirt with her and walking out.

"No, not exactly." I laughed.

"I'll hold it for you, and spark it. If you want."

"Can you show me?" I asked.

He held it to his mouth and lit it then inhaled, taking his finger off of a hole and inhaling more then he sucked it in through his nose and blew it out. (French inhale for those who know)

He held the mouth piece out for me in which I put my mouth on it. He held the hole a couple seconds as he lit it.

"Hold. Hold. Hold." He repeated until he finally let go of the hole. I could only inhale for a couple of seconds before I nearly coughed my lungs out.

"On a side note do you smoke cigarettes?" Carl asked as I was still coughing. I could only shake my head as I felt I was gonna pass out. Carl patted my back gently as a way to ease it. It worked.

"Here." He said, handing me a bottle and without even thinking, I drank it. I gagged after the first gulp and looked up at Carl. "What is this..?"

"Beer." He smiled. "Lemme get you fucked up."

"What- no. That'll kill me."

"You can't die from either one. Well besides drinking and smoking cigarettes."

"Carl, I said no."

~six bowls later~

"C'mon. At least smoke with me. I've never had a smoking buddy." He whined.

"What about that one kid? He was pretty shady." I said, still wiping the awful taste out of my mouth.

"What kid?" He asked and cocked an eyebrow slightly.

"I don't remember his name. The dark skinned boy. Looked like he was thirty?"

"Ohh..Nick. Yeah he was a cool guy. I suppose he was a smoking buddy, but we met in juvie." He said, hitting the bowl.

"What happened to him?" I asked as Carl held the bowl out for me. I sighed and did the same thing I did before.

"He got all twisted up about respect and some bike. He killed a kid over it and was sent back to prison. I haven't spoke to him since."

I slowly blew out the smoke and leaned against the back of the couch.

"Have you ever thought about going to see him?" I asked and pulled my knees into my chest.

"Nah. No I couldn't. I was never told where he went."

I nodded slightly and looked down. "Carl..?"

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Do you like me?" I asked.

He thought for a moment. "Yeah, a little bit."

"How? If you just met me I mean."

"I dunno. I've dated girls before but the moment I looked at you I just... I knew I wanted you."

"Oh."

"Do you like me?" He asked.

I took a moment to think. I don't even know what love would feel like. "I think... I think I can love you."

He smiled slightly and leaned back against the arm of the chair.

"What do you like about me?" I asked.

"Well, that's easy. I like your innocence. You remind me of what I should've been but I grew up too fast. Y'know?" He asked.

"Yeah." I muttered quietly.

Suddenly my head started to feel extremely fuzzy and I fell back against the pillow.

After a few seconds, Carl asked, "Are you okay?"

I looked up at Carl and started giggling. "You look weird as shit."

Carl gasped lightly. "Did you just say shit?"

"Oh shoot.. yeah I think so. Sorry." I muttered.

"How sober are you?"

"I don't even know what you just said.." I muttered. Everything sounded... closer? But also far away at the same time.

"How high are you?"

"Um... I'm good thank you."

Oddly enough, Carl looked absolutely beautiful. Like tinted orange. Even though he looked weird.

Carl started laughing and leaned his head back.

"Your.. really pretty." I muttered and scooted slightly closer.

"You think so?" He asks and moves closer so he's sitting right next to me.

I nodded as I leaned my head back against the couch.

"Well I think your beautiful." He smiled.

"Really?" I asked.

He hummed in response as I looked up at him and without even thinking, I kissed him.

He pulled away for a second with wide eyes. "Olive." He muttered.

"Mhm?" I asked.

"That.. was your first kiss." He stated.

I shrugged and looked away from him. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" He asked.

"You didn't like it." I whispered.

"No. No, definitely not that. Just shocked. And honored that you chose me for your first kiss. Even if you are high."

"Treat me right, and you may be my first for everything."

He looked at me, puzzled. "Can you elaborate?"

"No. Not really, no." I shook my head.

"Okay.. what does that mean?"

I simply shrugged my shoulders and looked up at him.

"So if I did this it's okay?" He asked and cupped my cheek as he leaned in and kissed me again.

I kissed back, only he didn't pull away. Instead, his lips started moving against mine so I did the same thing. His hand moved from my cheek, down to my thigh and before I knew it I was laying down with him on top of me. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he kissed me deeper.

He slipped his tongue into my mouth and moved it around, not leaving a single spot untouched.

"Let me make you feel good." He muttered in my ear.

"Carl Francis Hashish Gallagher." A voice rang out.

Carl popped his head up and immediately got off of me. "Hey V." He smirked.

I quickly sat up too.

"She's hit her head and she's high. Are you serious?" She asked angrily.

"In my defense she kissed me first." Carl laughed and leaned back.

"Uh huh. Go do that in your own house." She said and went to walk away. "And not out in the open where everyone can see you."

Carl sighed and stood up. "C'mon. Everyone should be getting off work or school soon."

I slowly stood up and followed him to the door to leave.